Battery Temp while charging?

Last Updated:

1. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the normal battery temp while charging? I just pulled my phone off the charger and checked the temp, because it felt pretty warm and it said it was 110.

Advertisement
  2. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd Active Member

Mine charges in the mid 30 degree C range. You can download HTC Battery app if you want to see the actual temperature or other battery apps in the market.

3. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

While I've never seen 110 F on my temp, it certainly is conceivable with a quick charger. After carrying the phone in my shirt pocket, and under my winter coat, I frequently see 100.n temps. Placing the phone on a quick charger after that could increase the temp rapidly enough to measure that. I use a cheaper slow rate charger overnight.

At 110 F, I wouldn't be concerned at all.

4. durandetto

After charging it overnight the temp was 86 this morning. So, it must have been because I was using it pretty heavy before I put it on the charger.

5. givensmike87

givensmike87 Member

I was on my phone today and I downloaded a few new apps and widgets and I got the different battery image widget and its awesome and a movie app and a background app and note pad app nothing to big right ? I noticed my battery going down a lot faster and my phone was getting pretty warm coming from the battery mostly and it seemed to be vary warm is this normal ????? Last time I checked it said 101 for temp but I don't think that felt like it was at its warmest point

6. givensmike87

givensmike87 Member

Should I take it into a sprint repair center and have it checked out ? Seems like its doing it a lot and it saying like 108 now its spiking the longer I'm playing with my apps etc

7. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

The more electrons you move, the more heat you'll generate. Your battery is happily doing what it's supposed to do. Don't sweat it. :)

8. numus

numus Banned

Note certain lithium ion polymer batteries can release hydrogen gas which is explosive.. think about that next time that phone is getting hot and charging while near your head!!!

HEHEHEHE.. Just messing around, the amount of release is negligable (incredibly incredibly small) so you have nothing to really worry about.. batteries get hot (especially lithium-ion cells that require a stepped voltage charge cycle).. depending upon battery load, resistance could have been increased in the circuit causing an increase in temperature.. your phone has sensors to disconnect the power system if the temperature exceeds the maximum threshold..

9. givensmike87

givensmike87 Member

soo this isent a problum or nothing to worry about?? cause i went into spint and they gave me a new battery and it did the same basically got pretty warm not hot i dont think i dunno (peranoid) lol.. i talked to this girl she is like mine dosent get hot lol dunno other sprint store said theres get hot from time time but then again i dont trust that store there shisters lol?

10. durandetto

Do you wrap your hand around the phone when playing with it, I noticed that if I hold the phone by the edges it doesn't get as hot, for obvious reasons. Try that and see it could just be you body heat amplifying the battery temp.