Battery Temperature

Last Updated:

1. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a day of intensive use of Google Navigation in my car yesterday. By 5pm when I checked the temperature on my battery widget it was up to 49.9 degrees :eek:

Is this safe and will it damage my phone or battery :confused:

I have heard that some people experience their phone shutting down when it gets too hot. Should this happen automatically when the battery gets to a certain temperature?

Advertisement
  2. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Can't answer this directly but can confirm this happens to me too! And i also notice that the battery still discharges faster than i can charge it when using sat nav, even though i have a 1A DC cable and the phone recognises it is an AC charge and not a USB charge.

3. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

This happen to me too I get worried with the heat of battery specially during the summer, does not charge very much when using GPS but it keep steady.

4. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

I would guess that although saying its a 1A charger. That would be its maximum peak output and its probably only sending out around 750mA. This charger increases my charge while running copilot and spotify in the car. (I did solder together the data pins when it was saying charging USB) but that turned out to be a cable problem so might not be necessary as its ok with the supplied HTC data cable. And

5. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I think the best charger option is the genuine HTC CC C200. I got one on Ebay for

6. Infinifail

Infinifail Well-Known Member

As the battery thread explained, it is not advised to do things like: Heavy tasks/apps together with charging. Maybe that explains it? :p

7. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

I thought the phone had some kind of failsafe if it got too hot? Can't remember where I saw that, might have been the pdf manual?

8. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes but there's no way the battery would get through a days navigation use without charging at the same time :confused: It would be flat in no time.

9. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

yeah.... what would be the point to use GPS if not with charging?

10. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member

I found that with Google Nav running and the battery charging I would hit temps in the high 40's on a sunny day with the sun hitting the back of the phone thru the windscreen. Someone on here suggested using the air-con aimed thru the front demister and it works. If I have it set to blow onto the window (and down on my feet) the cool air hits the back of the phone and keeps it at about 35 degs even on days like we had last week when it hit nearly 30 outside.

11. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member