battery testSupport

Last Updated:

1. safe_12345

safe_12345 Member This Topic's Starter

I thought I'd perform a battery test after updating to 026. I'm very happy with it. With WiFi and gps switched on and screen brightness on its lowest, after 24 hours I have 63% battery left. I've called a few people, sent texts, no emails, and used sat nav. Also played doddle jump a fair bit too. Anyone else get battery life like this now with the update?

Advertisement
  2. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

I'll try the same with my 020...

3. safe_12345

I got a whole 48 hours with wifi and gps on while still using my phone normally, the new update has done wonders for battery life.

4. Merolas

hmm.. after 12 hours it's a 79%...gps, wi-fi, a few texts and call, maybe 30 min of various low end games (text racing, dominoes,tilt labyrinth). and some browsing...

5. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

mine lasts about 10h max on 020...
    and takes another 10h to fully charge it...

6. Wisenos

did you had to root it to install the 026?

7. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Nope, you just need to debrand if you can't already get it on SEUS.

Mine uses up 20% for 24 hours on normal use (I send on average 35 texts a day, make a few calls and browse the web for maybe 10-15 mins), heavy use it'll be down to 50% at the end of a 14-16 hour day, which is still pretty good IMO.

8. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I go a long time with 020. I can go three days with light use or two with moderate use. I could probably push another day out of it if I went down to zero too.

I'm not a huge user though. Check the weather here, use an app there, some MP3 for an hour, Endomondo while working out and a bit of surfing is as much as I use it.

9. Merolas

I'm at 37% after 30 hours....i'm running 020.. GPS on, WiFi on, i used nav for 15 min, browse the web for maybe 1 hour, as i said earlier quite some time playing low-end games, listening to music (maybe 2 hours). other than a few texts (maybe 30) and about 2 hours of talk time. Brightness is still at auto setting.

10. safe_12345

If it takes you 10 hours to charge then there is something wrong with your charger or even battery. Over heating maybe.

Anyone here rooted? Do you get good battery life?

11. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

can u tell me wot apps etc u guys using i.e juice defender ect,

iv jus got the 26 update and get around 14 to 16 normal use with wifi on a little, and bout a hr use of internet,

only app i use is juice defender which im not sure if its helping or not, seem to work for me on 16

12. Wisenos

a weird thing happened today lol...
    took it off charge this morning @ 6
    was fully charged
    i checked @ 4h30 pm and still 73% lol... kept it turned on all day long, normal use, some facebook, msn and call...
    maybe the battery needed time to get used to...

13. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I was using juice defender and app killer, but I heard they were useless. I turned off Juice Defender last week...my battery life is completely unchanged.

I only use the App killer widget once in a while. I don't keep the program running.

14. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

I found Juice defender to actually worsen battery life.

Ive rooted and Im considering going back to a rooted phone with the 026 update.

Since Ive stopped using appkillers and just let them run in the background like they apparently supposed to on an android phone, battery life seems to have stabilized???

But then again I always charge my phone overnight, habit now. By end of day one after normal usage, I get home to about a 50% battery mark...

Mnnn maybe I shoudl try the 026 firmware rather...

15. Merolas

I gave up after 40 hours it fell down to 5% i guess i played games a bit too much. I used task killer only twice to kill mediascape mostly. It charged back in less than 3 hours. I plugged it at 6pm and at 9 it was fully charged