Battery Tip/Trick to try out.Tips

Last Updated:

1. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 12, 2010
    With all of the questions and threads regarding battery usage, life and monitoring, I thought this might be a good time to share my thoughts of what has helped me *deal* with this issue.

I want to preface this by saying that:

-Yes, the stock battery supplied with our phones is probably inadequate.
    -Yes, having to buy a better battery after purchasing a "Tier One Phone" sucks.
    -Yes, usage is subjective and dynamic and one persons heavy usage is another persons light usage.
    this will not address extremely short battery life (other problems are causing that)
    -No, this will not account for the phone seemingly giving a false 100% indication.
    -No, this will not help anything but your psyche

That said, I think we (myself included and maybe the most guilty) are putting too much emphasis on what our battery widgets and indicators are telling us.

The blessing/curse of our phones is that they report battery life in 1% increments which is great for keeping accurate battery life information, but its not great for our sanity.

Think about that logically for a moment!

***** Here is my experiment for anyone who obsesses over battery life but can make it through a day with no worries of their battery dying!

1) Next time you fully charge your battery, after you remove it from the charger, keep an eye on the widget as it drops down to between 95% - 90% and then take notice of your default battery indicator. It will still look fully charged!
    ***Do this for a day or two if you want!

2) When you are satisfied that what I'm telling you is reality, uninstall your battery monitoring widget or app and just go about your day as usual for about a week.

I am willing to bet that those of you like me, who actually have respectable battery life but still obsess over it, will not go back to what I call "percentile battery monitoring". Of course their will be exceptions as some people just need that number, but I really believe this may help some people get over their battery monitoring obsession! :D

Ufkal likes this.
  2. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Feb 15, 2010
    jayjay1122 likes this.
  3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    +1. I learned this in my Omnia Days. Battery widgets / % tracking becomes an obsession and does more harm than good (as shown with all the hysteria over batteries for the past two months)

Remove the widget, and enjoy your phone.
    jayjay1122 likes this.
  4. SingJsong

SingJsong Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Hahaha, I find this hilarious. This could actually work. We've all become so obsessed down to the very percentage of our batteries slowly depleting their charger and we're nothing but victims agonizing over it more and more.