• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

katmandoo122

May 13, 2010
First, yes, I know that "search is my friend." I know there are lots of battery posts in this forum. I am starting a separate one because the following two tips work AND because I have experience with the internets starting a rumor that gets taken as fact (like MG's pathetic "good luck getting 4 hours with moderate use" rumor). Anyone who bought a Palm Pre on launch day knows what I am talking about.

So, if you are new to the forum or if you are old but tired of seeing the Evo bashed because of battery, here you go:

Fixing the Battery Problem your Android Smartphone Seems to Have | CloudAve

1) A software glitch. That sucks. Hopefull it is fixed soon.
2) How to figure out what is sucking it dry (hint: Betcha it's Friends Stream).

One final note: The iPhone will always have a better battery than the Evo. On a similar note, if you want three square meals a day, go to prison.

First, yes, I know that "search is my friend." I know there are lots of battery posts in this forum. I am starting a separate one because the following two tips work AND because I have experience with the internets starting a rumor that gets taken as fact (like MG's pathetic "good luck getting 4 hours with moderate use" rumor). Anyone who bought a Palm Pre on launch day knows what I am talking about.

So, if you are new to the forum or if you are old but tired of seeing the Evo bashed because of battery, here you go:

Fixing the Battery Problem your Android Smartphone Seems to Have | CloudAve

1) A software glitch. That sucks. Hopefull it is fixed soon.
2) How to figure out what is sucking it dry (hint: Betcha it's Friends Stream).

One final note: The iPhone will always have a better battery than the Evo. On a similar note, if you want three square meals a day, go to prison.

Can friendstream be uninstalled?

Upvote 0
Can friendstream be uninstalled?

No, but you don't have to add an account to it.

I downloaded the official twitter app, but I do have my Facebook linked to friendstream. It's only set to refresh once a day, and it only gets the contacts pics.

I've been pleased with my EVO's battery so far. I'm even thinking about cancelling my order of the Seidio 1750mah! :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones