Battery TrickTips

Last Updated:

1. VSpike915

VSpike915 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was screwing around with battery usage today and here is what I found as the bottom line. Now this doesn't mean this is the same for you, but I'm sure you all know that. I changed NOTHING on the evo besides Gtalk automatically signing me in. (No skimping if you would) and I was at a golf club ALL day yesterday and had perfect signal strength. My EVO went 23hrs on ONE charge with decently heavy use. When I went back home (bad signal, 1 bar, no 3G) my phone's battery lasted just about 13hrs. Therefore I think TWS is one of the biggest battery culprits. Hence why if you complain to Sprint, they send you a free AIRAVE like they did for me and many others.

Tyler

Advertisement
  2. AndyCAPPS

AndyCAPPS Member

ABSOLUTELY MY BROTHER!!!!

At home I have horrible signal and let me tell you I am at like 70% time without signal, it is HORRIBLE. I called Sprint and told them whats up and I am getting my Airave sent to me as we speak (when they get in stock lol). I am hoping to get much better battery life when I get this since I will stop wasting juice on "cell standby" with 70% no signal. I have decent battery success right now from following the advise from so many people on the battery thread but I could not pass up commenting on this.

3. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

Poor signal has always been the #1 killer of battery power in any phone for the last 10 years. I never understand why people go crazy trying to change programs and software to save battery, and fail to mention or notice that they're at home/work all day with 1 bar sucking the battery down.

4. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

I tell people if they get on a subway to put their EVO in Airplane Mode. The phone is going to move heaven and earth to try and find a tower, thus sucking your battery dry.

5. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

LOL, that battery charging voodoo is for rookies. Lithium ion batteries need to be charged for about 11 hours upon using the battery. The phone should be off and let the battery charge so it will reach its maximum charging capacity. You do not want to charge a new lithium ion battery until the light on the phone turns green because the battery is not properly indicating to the phone its fully charged capacity. These were specific instructions for my Seidio 1750mah battery.

LITHIUM ION BATTERIES DO NOT NEED TO BE CONDITIONED!

6. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Initialize a new battery. New batteries should be fully charged before their first use to obtain maximum capacity. Nickel-based batteries should be charged for 16 hours initially and run through 2-4 full charge/full discharge cycles, while lithium ion batteries should be charged for about 5-6 hours. Ignore the phone telling you that the battery is full--this is normal but is not accurate if the battery is not initialized. #DO NOT fully discharge a lithium-ion battery! Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries' life is shortened every time you fully discharge them. Instead, charge them when the battery meter shows one bar left. Lithium-ion batteries, like most rechargeable batteries have a set amount of chargers in them.

Constantly charging then unplugging the charger over and over again is for nickel batteries.....LOL