Battery usage breakdown - what's your desire saying ?

Last Updated:

1. declanh

declanh Active Member This Topic's Starter

Folks,
    would be very useful to hear other peoples stats on battery usage breakdown ( from the settings -> about phone -> battery option)

When i looked at mine today it said something like 96% was "Android os" and 2 percent was 'Cell Standby' and 2% was phone idle.

Can this be right ?

Phone was fully charged at 8am and shut itself down at 8pm (near enough exactly 12 hours) with only light usage - no wifi or bluetooth and not that much internet access either. About 3 minutes of calls.

since I have had the phone (nearly a week) ive had one day when the battery lasted much better than others and i dont know what i did differently that day! - can anyone suggest what i could be doing wrong - is some backgroound task not shutting down and perhaps killing cpu ?

what is a normal breakdown for battery usage - is 96% for android not too much ?

I tried to install the "notes widget" a few days ago and it failed installation - no every time i look a the extra "htc widgets" it shows up as "installing"

Cant seem to get shot of it from this state - could it be related to my battery performance ?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you have facebook, twitter or emails downloading?

3. declanh

declanh Active Member This Topic's Starter

yup,
    facebook = every 2 hours
    twitter= every 2 hours
    email = push email

Thats not excessive is it ?

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Not really.

Install the spare parts app, and see what it reports for CPU usage and partial wake.