Battery usage: Desire vs. Nexus 1

Last Updated:

1. lithium1330

lithium1330 Member This Topic's Starter

What is everyone's thoughts on battery consumption switching from Nexus 1 ROM over to the Desire ROM? I'm thinking of making the switch to Desire ROM,... but wanted to see what's the feedback is from folks who have been following the Desire ROM progress.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Biggest difference between stock Android and Sense, imo, is that you don't need to dl any 3rd party social networking apps (twitter, facebook) unless you just have a favorite. Also the stock Sense apps are really integrated with the UI very well and have a nice widget. When I use Sense UI I find myself only downloading utility-type apps since weather, social networking and messaging are already in there and integrated well. A lot of people like the desire camera app because it has more settings but I prefer the stock cam because you don't have to use the trackball/pad with it.

3. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

My bad I went and wrote a comparison between the UI's lol. Battery varies on each one depending on the type of kernel, apps etc you use. You'll see people say their battery lasts 2 days but they're more than likely using their phone a lot less than the next person. I feel if you can get 12-16 hours with heavy usage that's pretty good, IMO.