• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Battery Use" in Gingerbread 2.3.3

I updated to 2.3.3 last week and am pleased with the UI changes.

When using the new "Battery Use", one can enlarge the graph at the top. For the "Phone Signal" indicator, does anyone know what the different colors represent?

It it green for 3G and yellow for Edge, or Green for TX/RX and Yellow for something else?

I've searched for a legend to the readouts, but as the other indicators are pretty obvious, there may not have been one published by Google.

thanks for the input.

I updated to 2.3.3 last week and am pleased with the UI changes.

When using the new "Battery Use", one can enlarge the graph at the top. For the "Phone Signal" indicator, does anyone know what the different colors represent?

It it green for 3G and yellow for Edge, or Green for TX/RX and Yellow for something else?

I've searched for a legend to the readouts, but as the other indicators are pretty obvious, there may not have been one published by Google.

thanks for the input.

I'd like to know as well. I've only been at my place since the update and I get basically zero signal, it's mostly edge if anything at all. It shows a mix of yellow and a greyish brown.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the responses so far.

I'm convinced that it is not signal strength. My "Phone signal" bar will show either Green, yellow or beige, and I still can't correlate those colors to any service level.

I'm going to run some experiments this weekend with some RF shielding, so maybe we'll have a few more data points to help in the quest.

i'm unrooted. does anyone know of an easy screenshot utility that will work? I'd like to be able to post some screenshots to help others visualize what i'm describing.

thanks
Woodrow

Upvote 0
i'm unrooted. does anyone know of an easy screenshot utility that will work? I'd like to be able to post some screenshots to help others visualize what i'm describing.
Installing MyPhoneExplorer on your PC and on your phone, allows screenshots via USB cable connection on unrooted handsets.

MyPhoneExplorer for PC available free from here:-

FJ Software Development

MyPhoneExplorer for handset is available, free, from the Market.

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones