"Battery Use" in Gingerbread 2.3.3

1. WoodrowB

WoodrowB Active Member

I updated to 2.3.3 last week and am pleased with the UI changes.

When using the new "Battery Use", one can enlarge the graph at the top. For the "Phone Signal" indicator, does anyone know what the different colors represent?

It it green for 3G and yellow for Edge, or Green for TX/RX and Yellow for something else?

I've searched for a legend to the readouts, but as the other indicators are pretty obvious, there may not have been one published by Google.

thanks for the input.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pilot221

pilot221 Member

I'd like to know as well. I've only been at my place since the update and I get basically zero signal, it's mostly edge if anything at all. It shows a mix of yellow and a greyish brown.
  3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I assumed it was signal strength.
  4. denverpedro

denverpedro New Member

Green means it has a connection (uninhibited) to the Google servers to sync and receive gmail, etc.
  5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Thanks, but we're not talking about notification bar icons.
  6. WoodrowB

WoodrowB Active Member

I appreciate the responses so far.

I'm convinced that it is not signal strength. My "Phone signal" bar will show either Green, yellow or beige, and I still can't correlate those colors to any service level.

I'm going to run some experiments this weekend with some RF shielding, so maybe we'll have a few more data points to help in the quest.

i'm unrooted. does anyone know of an easy screenshot utility that will work? I'd like to be able to post some screenshots to help others visualize what i'm describing.

thanks
    Woodrow
  7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Don't know of any, although some folk have said 2.3 supports screen shots without root. Might be worth trying a few apps from the Market even though they're supposed to need root.

Failing that, it's DDMS from the SDK for you.
  8. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Installing MyPhoneExplorer on your PC and on your phone, allows screenshots via USB cable connection on unrooted handsets.

MyPhoneExplorer for PC available free from here:-

FJ Software Development

MyPhoneExplorer for handset is available, free, from the Market.

Hope this helps. :D