• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Use Questio

kent747

Mar 14, 2010
Ok so before I get flamed, I need someone to take a look at the following info and tell me if I can do something different about my battery. I am running V2 of the 2.1 software.

If I go to settings < About Phone < Battery < Battery Use, I get the following info -

Android System - 49%
Cell Standby - 24%
Display - 15%
Phone Idle - 13%

So I did the whole airplane mode, charg, unplug, unairplane mode. But it's still over the 10% that was quoted on another thread.

Is my phone chewing through the battery too much based on those numbers, or is this normal?

Although a lot of people will say not to use a Task Killer, I have found that most applications I install are not written properly and they set themselves to auto start (even though I don't need them running the background), and they also do not have a Quit/Exit option from the program.

I think that Using a task killer helped me the most, and then also monitoring what resources you are using. Turn off GPS, and Bluetooth at night. Also turn off Data if you don't need to get emails and stuff.

I can have my phone last for about 24 hours if I don't make many calls, and keep only a few select apps running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones