Battery widget with 2.1General

Last Updated:

1. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was having major issues with battery drain on 2.1 (second leak) and after reading some threads here I removed the HTC battery widget. This appears to have solved the problem. Apparently the phone was not going to sleep when I had the HTC widget running. The awake time was nearly what the up time was. Without the HTC widget I do not have this issue.

Has anyone ran the Android Battery Widget on 2.1 and does it create the same problem?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

how do you actually remove the HTC battery widget?

ive noticed a significant amount of battery loss as well (and I have the 1750 battery and it has gotten worse!!)

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Yep, the stupid HTC battery widget is a battery kill widget for some reason.

I have not tried the one you mentioned, but I can say the vizBattery works very well and has not caused me any problems.

4. OfTheDamned

Just uninstall it.

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Were you putting the HTC battery widget on your main home screen? I have it and have always had it, but I've never suspected it as a battery hog. It doesn't even update itself until I visit the screen where it resides.

6. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

Leave it to the company that makes your phone to make something that will shorten the life of your phone, tsk tsk.

7. OfTheDamned

When I had it, I had it on my home screen and a few of the other 7 screens. Never noticed a problem with it until 2.1 V2. Then it was like something was just draining the battery almost faster than I could charge it on some days. Spare parts told me it was the battery widget and once removed everything has been great.

8. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

I am using 2.1v2 as well but root. I have no battery drain issues with the HTC Batt Widget. Could it be because I have root? I dont really see that being a reason. My sleep time is normal like how it was before rooting. Right around 5-9%.

9. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

How do you know it was the battery widget? When I checked spare parts, it said sense was a major battery killer, but that seems normal to me. Does it show the battery widget as a separate item in the list?

10. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Battery widgets always drain my phone's batteries. Kind of ironic. I just use Anycut and made a shortcut to Battery Info and I tap that to see the percentage remaining. I think you can do something similar in Spare Parts, but that's too many taps for me to get to.

11. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have Smart Monitor and it is essentially one tap. It works for now. I will try the Android widget once I'm sure there are no issues with my current configuration.

I'm loving how much time I'm getting on battery now. I turned on phone 8 hours ago and I'm at 85%. This is obviously with very little use.

12. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I've noticed that by not monitoring my battery all the time, I don't think so much about it and never really have an issue. If i see 60% battery, i get freaked out kinda, but if theres no percentage, all i see is 3/4 of a green bar, which is much more soothing. Call it a placebo, but it works for me at least.

13. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

I use the battery widget on 2.1 v2 and don't have any issues. I also just installed JuiceDefender and got fantastic battery life (for an eris) the other day. 9-5 with mild use and I was still at 90%. The next day I installed Calendar Pad which is pretty cool but since then I lose at least 10% an hour WITH NO USE. I uninstalled it today so we'll see if that was the culprit for sure.

14. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Problem is, I just can't be scientific with my battery testing... I just don't have time. I had a particularly bad battery day today, so I uninstalled the widget and changed Facebook sync from hourly to daily. Not sure why I left it at hourly, since I only use FB for Sense to get contact photos and birthdays.