battery widgets NOT helpful because...Support

Last Updated:

1. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My battery percentage decreases by 10s so I can't really see what's going on with my battery...my friends cliq has a battery counter that goes by 1...can anyone tell me how to get it to at least go by 5s or 2s? It would be greatly appreciated...

Advertisement
  2. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there is a way to change the increments in the battery meter. There might be some battery apps in the market, that you can download and try. Are you on Android 2.1 or 1.5?

3. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

In order to get your battery in 5% or other increments, you need to load a custom kernel which incorporates custom battery reporting code. Dig around the "All Things Root" forum for more if you're interested.

4. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the battery meter code in the phone that reports the battery's percentage is set to do so in increments of ten. There is no app that can report anything other than what the phone is putting out. There are custom kernels howerer, that is suppose to be able to do this. Search @ SDX-Developers Forum for more info. I haven't installed one of these custom kernels, but I'm thinking about it because my battery goes from 100% to 90% in less than 10 minutes of use.

5. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

A custom kernel is your answer. It is simple to install and will make a world of difference

6. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

yea what he ^ said ..

A custom kernal is the way to go. My battery seems to last SO much longer now.

I use Battery Widget (mippin.com) and it shows decrease by increments of 5%.

7. censlow

censlow Member

Yes Custom Kernal. I flashed/rooted this thing last week Friday. For two days now back at work. I would usually have about 40% battery life left at 5pm. Now im at 90% I find it hard to kill the battery in this thing now. I love it.

8. ColdStart

Hey edvan, I have been using battery widget by mippin.com since early this year and I have never seen it show decrease in increments of 5%. How'd you do that?

9. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

As ed was referring to, you have to install a custom kernel with Numus' custom battery code to get battery reported in 5% increments.

10. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Coldstart -- Just as flu13 stated you need the custom kernal installed on your phone.

11. Android Walks

I've been through all of the Android 2.1/1.5 roms/kernels more than once on the SDX forums. Haven't found anything.

Been hanging around that site ever since I rooted my phone in early May.

12. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

Really? Because I've installed 2 different kernels - JoeyKrim and LittleKernel - and both give me 5% battery increments.

13. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Battery widgets typically drain the battery with all the monitoring they do anyway.

14. pahick

pahick Member

Then you havent been reading very well. I believe most have incorporated Numus's battery code. Im positive Joey has.

15. ColdStart

Actually, I have a custom kernel and am getting pretty good battery life. But the only time I see the battery percentages in increments of 5 when using Battery Widget is when it gets to 15% or 5%. I don't see 25,35,45,55,65,75,85 or 95 percentages unless it's there for a very short amount of time & I miss it.

16. Android Walks

I went the way of Caulikn's the last time I updated. It's fine. I'll try a different one soon.