Battery wipeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've done basic google searches on this but yet to see a definitive answer. Sooooo...when should one wipe their battery stats if they are trying to do any sort of recalibration? Should they let the phone drain out completely then hop into recovery quick like and wipe stats then? OR should they wipe battery completely, charge completely THEN wipe battery stats on a full charge? Those seem to be the two popular results.

Advertisement
  2. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it makes a difference either way, but I ran the phone until it shut itself down, then plugged it in and booted into recovery to wipe stats, then let the phone boot up and left it to charge overnight. Use the phone until it dies again. The concept I believe is to teach the OS what voltage is fully charged and completely empty.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That's a great way to calibrate your battery to the device, and perhaps also to wash out issues here and there having to do with what seems to be battery life problems but could be a display/meter problem, instead.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I am no expert, but I have read that if you are going to wipe battery stats, the two best times to do so would be with the battery completely drained (start recovery with the phone plugged into a USB port to get enough power to start) and then charge fully; or, charge fully and, with the phone still powered, restart to Recovery and wipe battery stats, then reboot, then unplug until the phone drains. The latter seems easier to manage than the former, and both sound pretty logical to me.

5. jps

jps Well-Known Member

1. charge to 100%
    2. reboot to recovery.
    3. wipe battery stats.
    4. reboot.
    5. while rebooting, unplug from charger.
    6. use til completely dies.
    7. repeat 1 or 2 more times. (optional)

6. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I used this method.