• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery won't go into sleep mode (battery drain related)

vertcobra99

Aug 18, 2010
alright everyone.

Many of us have experienced some battery life fall out since the last update. I mentioned this in the battery life thread but I thought it deserved it own topic

I have an app that I downloaded called battery status.

it has a battery history. and it says time without sleeping 7h 10m 25s ago.

Thats exactally when I unplugged my phone. This explains why I am seeing 2-3% per hour loss while not using the phone and while in airplane mode. Before the update I could keep the phone in airplane mode, not usre it, and leave work with over 94% battery life. So this proves that somehow the phone is not going into sleep mode... I can guarantee that everyone else in that is experiencing battery drain since the sept 16th update is due to this reason.

The question is... why the hell is this happening and why won't the phone go into sleep mode?

any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones