Battery won't go into sleep mode (battery drain related)Support

Last Updated:

1. vertcobra99

vertcobra99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

alright everyone.

Many of us have experienced some battery life fall out since the last update. I mentioned this in the battery life thread but I thought it deserved it own topic

I have an app that I downloaded called battery status.

it has a battery history. and it says time without sleeping 7h 10m 25s ago.

Thats exactally when I unplugged my phone. This explains why I am seeing 2-3% per hour loss while not using the phone and while in airplane mode. Before the update I could keep the phone in airplane mode, not usre it, and leave work with over 94% battery life. So this proves that somehow the phone is not going into sleep mode... I can guarantee that everyone else in that is experiencing battery drain since the sept 16th update is due to this reason.

The question is... why the hell is this happening and why won't the phone go into sleep mode?

any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Which battery status application are you using? (author) Theres like 15 different ones with the same name on the market, I want to see if this applies to me aswell.

3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

this is awful, I left my phone on in airplane mode overnight fully charged and woke up at 50%, before the update I would lose maybe 3-5%..... That is UNREAL. The phone doesn't sleep.

4. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

So - it looks like - instead of Airplane Mode - we'll either have to turn the phone off, or take out the battery, or, leave it on a charger all night!

5. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

yeah ill turn it off, it still rapes the battery during the day though, kind of dumb. I would rather rollback updates

6. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah - and that doesn't work so well if you want to use it as an alarm clock

7. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I restarted my phone and it ended up fixing itself, 19%, I was at 99% battery for 3 hours, insane.

8. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

nvm, phones back to ******mode. battery drain central.

9. vertcobra99

vertcobra99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Same here I have periods randomly where the phone will go into sleep mode but it reverts back to the same no sleep problem randomly and I can't figure out what's causing it.