• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Won't Last

Vancely

Lurker
Sep 24, 2013
I have an LG Spectrum 2 with Verizon and a few months ago my battery started dying very quickly after a system update. I have looked through a lot of forums and tried a number of the suggestions that I found, but it's still happening. When I check my battery usage, it usually shows that Android OS uses 50%+ of the battery. One day, when I hardly used my phone and the battery died in the evening, it shows 11% of the battery drain was the screen and 71% was Android OS.

BetterBatteryStats indicates that the phone is not sleeping, but I can

After posting my issue on androidforums.com, I didn't get any help at all and my searches here were fruitless. So, I continued to research the problem using BetterBattery Stats and I found that the problem was evident in two kernal wakelocks ("sns_async_ev_wakelock" & "sns_periodic_wakelock") which were active 85-98% of the time, regardless of phone use or app use. These two things only allowed my phone to enter deep sleep about 3-12% of the day. Next, I spent many hours searching the internet for advice from helpful people with similar problems. I found that these kernal wakelocks tend to be triggered by certain apps. In forum after forum (on other websites) I found different people who identified apps that caused it. Finally, I found someone who identified an app that I had on my phone. The culprit was "Automatic Call Recorder". Some people were noticed that the problem went away with Android 2.2 update, I just turned it off and the problem was solved.

Maybe someone else will have this problem and my time and energy will help them.

Reactions: splatoid
Upvote 0
Nice to know.
I also had some battery problems but I was able to resolve them also. I did the same as you and just removed the newest apps I had installed. I also shut off my email auto load so If I want to see my emails I just click refresh and there they are. I don't really need to see them all the time anyway. The has made my battery last for almost two full days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones