• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery......... wth??

JL94x4

Lurker
Mar 9, 2012
Right heres the story.

Im new to Android, im a convert from an iPhone, so all this is very new to me!! However, ive downloaded a widget for the notification center, which is "Battery Status Pro" and in the Notification center, it says 63% Charged, 1 hour 43 minutes remaining......... surely thats wrong?!?!

Surely a mobile phone should get more than a couple of hours out of a phone charged up to 65%ish??

Am i missing something?!

Yeah that doesn't sound right. The quickest I've drained my battery from from 100% (just out of curiosity) was about 4 1/2 hours. I was constantly on the internet, playing games and music and wifi tethering. I would say the apps probably wrong but it might be worth turning your phone off, charge it to 100% and then unplug and take the battery out. Wait for a couple of minutes and then put the battery back in. That will recalibrate your battery to show the proper amount so if the apps still off its a dud.

Upvote 0
I use the phone moderate - high, just as i did my iPhone and i used to get around 16 hours out of that, 16 hours is fine.. but 2 hours is unnaceptable.

Its fully charged now, and ive left the battery out for 5 minutes, going to leave it whilst i sleep (its 01:57AM and i'll probably wake around 10:30AM) so thats a good 8-9 hours in standby, theoretically my iPhone would use around 10-13% in standby for that period, if its any lower than 70% then there defiantly is a problem with this Samsung.

Will report back. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones