batteryGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Markymarkmark1234

Markymarkmark1234 Member This Topic's Starter

just wondering, my husband has the droid eris, which he washed a couple days ago. when he got his new phone and the "return package" the envelope said to place the phone, but leave the battery, charger and any other accessories out of the envelope. we were talking about selling the battery on ebay, but he noticed that there was a red dot on the edge of the battery. knowing that most phones have a patch of something or other inside the battery compartment that changes color when you get it wet, so you cant fraudulently return it under warranty, do batteries do this as well? or does the battery always have this red dot on the edge?[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Is that solid RED? Mine is White with red criss cross lines.

3. smacky

smacky Banned

Yours appears to be a solid red circle, correct? Mine is kinda red-checkered, definitely not solid. You may still be able to sell it, but maybe just mention it first? Test to see if it works first and maybe in a bowl of rice.

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Sell a water logged battery on Ebay? Are you kidding?

5. Markymarkmark1234

hey guys, i apologize for the picture quality, in looking closely at the dot, it is mostly red, but there are very obvious red cris-cross lines going across a white background.

6. Markymarkmark1234

i would never sell a waterlogged battery on ebay, if it didnt work. if its dried out and works, i see no problem in selling it on ebay, as long as i disclose that the phone was washed in the item description. as far as testing it to see if it works, he placed it in the broken phone and it turned on, but he couldnt press anything on the screen as the phone itself didnt work.

7. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

You should bring it in to a Verizon store and ask if the battery looks damaged. It's just that for the money you will get from a used battery on ebay you might as well keep a second spare one. Throw it in a glove compartment for those times when you need it.

8. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

I am 99.5% sure that when that dot turns completely red it is just an indicator to the cell phone company that the phone was submerged in water just as the phones have.

You could sell it "as is" with no warranty on eBay. I'm sure if you start it cheap enough someone would buy it. But I wouldn't expect to get a large sum for it.

Just be honest and provide full disclosure.

9. ModifHigher

ModifHigher Well-Known Member

ive had this issue before...as far as warranty goes..it May* be able to be replaced by your provider,depending on what kind of insurance you have.if you have extended or no warranty,im pretty sure they wont replace it.but in the case you have the ASURION,or the next step up from extended warranty(dont exactly remember the plan names)..you Should* be able to just call verizon and tell them exactly what happened,and in any case they'll tell you if you can have it replaced or not.as far as selling it goes..i agree with previous posters,if it functions,then i personally would just keep it as a spare....the price youd pay to even ship it to someone would probably be better off investing in a new one...:)

10. Markymarkmark1234

hey guys, thanks for your replies and getting me thinking. i'll take your advice and just hold on to it, as you said shipping it would cost more than the battery would be worth.