• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery?

cpremo73

Lurker
Jun 2, 2012
i have a 2 month old ally. within the first month the battery would die very quick. so i bought a new one and installed an app killer. then a week or so later it would just die for a few days only to fully charge again. but when i would go to charge it when it was low it would make the battery die quicker. please help, i have no idea whats going on with this thing.

There is a bigger (thicker) OE battery available, but you wont find any accessory that will fit it unless you carefully modify said accessory; phone will be naked. Best bet is to root and go with the 3rd party ROM 'Velocity'. Version 1.2.2 build 18 is out and runs excellently. It has FroYo 2.2.2 as it's core, deodexed, no Verizon bloat. Don't worry about missing any Verizon updates, there wont be any. And warranty issues? Hehe, you'd save money getting a replacement Ally from the internet; no one carries them anymore. LOADS of Velocity threads out here, just Google it. You'll find everything you need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones