Battery's last 30% lasts only 15 minutes. Is this normal?Support

Last Updated:

1. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My battery seems to do alright but one thing that has really been bugging me is that every time my battery gets to 30/20% it dies almost instantly lasting no more than 15 minutes from normal usage (texting, checking email).

Is this normal or is mine a bad battery or a battery gone bad rather? Thing is the battery lasts a long except for the last quarter of the battery. I've never seen my battery hit any values below 20% except 5% which is when it turns off immediately after.

Call for a replacement battery or is this normal? Do i have to reset my battery or something?

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Definitely not normal. It almost sounds like the phone isn't calibrated right - if you were getting poor battery life, I'd be inclined to blame the battery. But since you said you're getting good battery life, I wonder if the calibration is just way off and the phone "thinks" you have 30% when you're really at 10% or 5%.

When I hit 30%, I've got at LEAST an hour of moderate usage left, and longer if I just do texts/email.

You could try going into Settings -> Applications -> Running -> Battery Manager and choosing Clear Data.

3. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just tryed this and ill see how it goes.

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Not normal

5. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

Mine will last 30-45 if I keep using the phone with the screen on. If I only use it for a couple calls and txt it will last a few hours.

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

+1. i totally agree. it doesnt sound like the battery is draining extra fast once it hits 30%, it just sounds like it may not be as high as 30% once it actually says 30%. let us know if clearing data worked.