Battety choiceAccessories

Last Updated:

1. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i haven't really had an issue with my battety life it actually last decently well when im not pounding on it (using it heavily). But i would still like the extra battery life. So now I have to choose. So it comes down to the 1500 mha and the 2150 mha. With the 1500 the pros are, it for a with stock case, doesn't add bulkyness, adds a little more power. The 2150 pros are huge capacity, it comes with an extra back. The only crappy thing about the two: 1500 not a huge increase (approximately 15%), the 2150 adds a lot to the back of the phone and there aren't protective cases because of the size increase. Thoughts? Experiences?

http://http://shop.htcpedia.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=819

shop.htcpedia.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=825&compability_product=757

Advertisement
  2. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

What about the 1750? I heard thats a good one.

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I have the 1750 mAh Seidio that I bought direct from Seidio that absolutely rocks.

4. xkingofgodzx

I heard bad things about siedo, I would rather buy oem anyway.

5. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

My Seidio 1750 can barely make it through the day. Today: Off charger at 6:15am currently 9:35 PM sitting at 7% battery. Moderate use.

6. Eric Bishop

Eric Bishop Well-Known Member

Man, a 2150 would be pretty stellar. How is the 1500 in the conversation, given that you can get a 1750 with the same form factor?

With all of the Incredible's media capabilities, it could really be a life-saver on a long travel day where you're stuck in an airport or taking a long train ride. If that 2150 could get me 12 hours of heavy use including a few hours of watching movies, I'd be ordering right now. Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out.

Also, why in the world is the 1500 offered in two colors? I mean...it's a battery!?!?

7. mothy

mothy Well-Known Member

do you charge it an extra hour or 2 after the green light comes on like it says to? Also do you bump charge it?

8. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I will try the bump charge tomorrow in the car on my way to work.

9. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

My vote would be for the 2150 if you like how it looks.

10. xkingofgodzx

Well thats the only issue, i really dont like how big it will make the phone but the extra battery power would be awesome! Plus like i said there is not cases for it atm. I dont want to use siedio batteries because they lie about their capacity. Thats why i only mentioned the 1500 and 2150.

11. veloslave

veloslave Banned

I completely recommend the Seidio 3500ma battery... of course I just got it today so take that with a grain of salt

but

I had one for my xv6800 and it was phenomenal and frankly I expect nothing less from this new one. It adds just a little size and weight and I am thrilled about the battery life AND I like the fit of it in my hand now better than ever. Before the phone was a little awkward to hold in some positions... like it was going to slip out of your hands... it almost did a couple of times. Now with the deeper back casing, it is a pleasure to hold... the ridges give you something to rest your fingers against without grasping it.

Don't listen to the battery trolls out and about... Seidio has done right by me on my old trusty Win-Mo phone for a long time now and it is still going, now my son uses it as his primary phone and the battery is still going strong after about three years!

12. lilsaphyre

lilsaphyre Well-Known Member

Why would you order from that site when they charge roughly $20 more than verizon themselves? That just baffles me:eek:

13. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an extended battery as well. I want one that is compatible with the stock back cover. Any reccs?

14. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

has anyone tried the amzer 1800 slim battery, supposed to work with the stock back cover

15. veloslave

veloslave Banned

Verizon extended battery 2100ma

Seidio extended battery 3500ma

Thought this was pretty obvious but NOW it's

nuff said

16. veloslave

veloslave Banned

I know... total fail on pictures

BUT,

This battery totally ROCKS... I can finally use the phone as much as I want to during the day and NEVER worry about battery life. Want a rough number? I would say it is 2.5 x the regular batteries burn time.

Yes it is thicker... but it sits in the hand even better, IMO and the camera lens is no longer a sore thumb.

Total win on this battery just as my last one on my xv6800 was (and still is after many moons!)

Bought their case/belt clip also... same design as the 6800,,, works perfect.

17. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

I thought it was shown that Seidio batteries are relabeled batteries with much lower capacity.

18. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

Only the SEIDIO 1750 battery was unwrapped and showed the cells/batteries found on the internet were lower than 1750.

Who knows what they are doing in the 3500, could be a real 3500 battery.

considering its size I would expect it to be a bit closer to their rated capacity.

19. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Someone lies to me and doesn't fess up or prove they weren't lying... I don't trust them again. I assume they're likely to falsify ratings on everything.

20. veloslave

veloslave Banned

Fine... you continue with (IMO) troll like responses or naively obtained opinions and I will continue with my 2.5 times (and not even broken in yet) more battery burn time.

As previously stated... I have used their 3500 before and it is the real deal IME.

This forum is so weird... mentioning extended batteries is like talking politics.

21. DustinF00

As much as I absolutely do not want to defend SEIDIO, I think that larger in physical size batteries are probably closer to their respective ratings - even when coming from SEIDIO.

If anyone wants a battery tested I am open to helping out.

22. DustinF00

The issue truly is that there are so many variables in what each and every phone does that its absolutely difficult to quantify the true experience of battery life.

On top of that the whole SEIDIO 1750 battery that I pulled the foil off of is concerning when you think about the price.

23. veloslave

veloslave Banned

I have had the phone since the day it came out... each day with "heavy use" I would get 1/2 to 3/4 of a day use and with a "low use day" a full day.

Now with very heavy use (been literally trying to hammer the battery) I get at least a day and a half and more often, two days without charging.

The doubters or trolls can campaign all they want with

"so many variables in what each and every phone does that its absolutely difficult to quantify the true experience of battery life"

(and not necessarily talking about you Dustin, just using your words that are too often spewed)

BUT AS FOR ME... I AM GETTING 2.5 to 3 times the battery life with a very easily repeated set of variables (except that I am harder on it now than before just for proof) that I reproduce each day. I really do not give a @#& about the subject, company in question or forum doubters or supporters ... quite simply, FWIW, in an effort to help others that don't like the DINC battery life; in my experience of daily use, the Seidio 3500ma battery is working exactly as hoped for/expected/promised... just as their battery for my xv6800 did for YEARS!

I think Obama SUCKS bigtime

Government run health care will be a total nightmare (what gov agency do you think is easy to work with now for example?)

The gov should not be babysitters... if people want to smoke then let them, if they do not want to wear a seatbelt, fine. Get rid of ALL "SIN" taxes!

I think every American should tell every cop, fireman and especially members of the armed services they come in contact with "Thank you for serving, I appreciate it"

I feel political correctness is just pure BS

I AM PRETTY MUCH DONE WITH THIS TOPIC

Good night Gracie

I wonder if anyone noticed my trying to change the subject?

24. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Wow. Got yourself wound up in a wad. Calling folks trolls. Ignoring evidence that Seidio relabeled lower capacity batteries and diving into a political tirade.

Not sounding too convincing.

25. DustinF00

If you're off by 20 minutes or 15 you can affect the charge the rate of the battery when its charging in the phone. The temperature int he room can slow down or speed up a charge rate.

The variables are endless and this isn't just spewing out meaningless crap, the testing of battery life is an insane process - its why most manufacturers screw it up and skew it towards their favor.

I think the only question came up was that if the SEIDIO 3500 battery was really a 3500 battery or if it was something less.

You could be seeing this great battery life because the battery is large enough to recover when in down time or very low current draw as well as just being able to handle low current draw in suspend.

It's all good though - you seem to have gotten very upset...