1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

battle bears:Zombies

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now available in market, gonna try it out tomorow too late to try now.

Advertisement
  2. BattleBear

BattleBear Member

Hello! I'm glad to hear you're going to try out Battle Bears: Zombies. I helped developed it for the Android (I did the necessary programming to port it over).

I'd love to hear your feedback on the game, whether it be how much you enjoy it, it's faults, gameplay, controls, graphics, whatever. SkyVu listens to it's fans. If you leave feedback, however, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could also elaborate. For example, if you were to say "The controls suck!" I'd like it if you could instead say "The controls suck because....!"

I hope you enjoy the game! I check these forums so please, give me something to read! ;)

-Marc

3. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

too bad it doesn't work on the Galaxy S yet (according to app description)
    and wow .. 0.99$ on app store and 1.99$ on android market ?
    guess that's due to the lack of competition in games in the android market for now , better have my app on a higher price now thingie :p

4. dalamchops

dalamchops Member

don't work on x10.

5. diS

diS Well-Known Member

I've bought it and play it on my HTC Desire.

It's great and good value for money!

Although I would like to see an update fixing the problem that the phone goes to sleep when viewing a trailer in the game itself. It's a bit annoying :p

BattleBear likes this.
  6. BattleBear

BattleBear Member

Jimmar: I honestly don't have a reason for the price difference. I should also note that it's not my decision of how much it costs. I will, however, pass your comment to everyone here and we'll see what's up.

dalamchops: Can you elaborate please? I'm sorry that the game doesn't work on your phone. It is true that it doesn't work on some phones (Like Samsungs). We'll try to get a fix out there as soon as we can.

diS: I swear I fixed that issue. Did it go to sleep on you after you got the newest version?

-Marc

7. Z3ra7uL

Z3ra7uL New Member

Hi, I played this game during the entire beta, and today I noticed that the full version is out! But I have a problem, in Bulgaria we do not have access to paid apps, so I cannot get it from the market, so is there any other way to buy it? For example directly from the developers or an alternative market website? Great game btw, I think the price is ok :)

BattleBear likes this.
  8. BattleBear

BattleBear Member

Z3ra7uL: Oh no :( I'm really sorry, but right now there is no other way to get the game. I will talk to the people in charge though and see if we can or can't do something about it. This limitation by Google is a little disheartening.

-Marc

9. Z3ra7uL

Z3ra7uL New Member

That was a really fast response, thanks BattleBear :)

10. dalamchops

dalamchops Member

haven't tried zombies yet, but the original Battle Bear won't install on an x10. Guessing it's compatibility issue w/ over android 1.6

BattleBear likes this.
  11. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member

I bought the game today and tried it out. Great cut-scenes! But,....my major disappointment was not having any gun sounds when shooting the zombie bears. Also because of no weapon sounds or any graphics during shooting of the gun or bow I can't figure out whether the weapons are automatic when aiming or whether you have to press the bear to shoot (no Help in the menu to explain it either). Sometimes it seems like the weapons are automatic and other times not. For a game like this I need more audio and visual cues on the shooting. I'm keeping the game because it has the potential to be fun with some updates, but right now it feels like it's still beta with missing sounds and graphics.

Update: I turned the music completely off and the sound all the way up. Now I can actually hear gun sounds (although softly) and the gameplay is so much better now that I know when the weapons are firing. The game is actually quite fun! :) So my recommendation is to increase the audio level of the weapon sounds,....for gawds sakes man I'm battling zombies and need to hear some major blasting going on! ;)

BattleBear likes this.
  12. diS

diS Well-Known Member

I had to laugh with that :D (In a good way though!)

Why not make them deagle shot sounds! =D
    You need impressive sounds to scare off the bear zombies!

13. BattleBear

BattleBear Member

Pushwall: Ah, good suggestion. The audio files got quieter after they were converted to ogg format. I'll have a look at that. Thanks!

14. weizhong

weizhong New Member

Just wondering, would this be playable on Android phones with the normal screen resolution of 320x480 but with Android OS 2.1+?

15. BattleBear

BattleBear Member

No, sorry. The game is designed for screens whose resolutions are 480x800 or higher.

16. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Just found out about this - downloading and will report back with some feedback.

17. SprintFun

Overall it feels like a port and not like a dedicated Android game.

I used the free version and am on an Evo:

-The ad placement is pretty horrible and covers up part of the game. I can't read the things under it.
    -The settings for me were all kinds of messed up. The main menu overlapped the settings so I couldn't see them.
    -I don't like how I cant really turn my guy without shooting
    -There is a lack of getting players into the game. My first time playing I was trying to figure out how to shoot. Oh - I guess I automatically shoot. I had no idea what the value system mean or how it works to get new items - maybe because the ads were placed over it.

Kind of disappointed, needs some work.

Edit: Just so its not all doom and gloom, it is fun and runs very nicely - great looking game.

BattleBear likes this.
  18. diS

diS Well-Known Member

Perhaps I can allready answer some of your questions/remarks.
    I've added them in bold in the quote itself.

19. SprintFun

I got no tutorial at the beginning of the game. I got a cut scene of the bear being stranded and then I'm in the game, unless I missed something.

20. diS

diS Well-Known Member

I guess you can go to "play movies" on the main menu and choose the "Tutorial Video".
    That should explain how to use the controls.

21. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

it is one of the best games in the market so far. But why is the quirement even though App2SD so high?

10 Mb is too much for many People

BattleBear likes this.
  22. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member

I noticed the demo is up to version 1.0.6. Is there a reason why the full version is still back at 1.0.2? The reason I ask is I'm still hoping for an update to improve the soft sounds on the full version.

23. BattleBear

BattleBear Member

Oh wow, this thread exploded a little since I last read it.

@SprintFun: I am one of two android developers working on this game. Right now, the other developer is working on the free version and I am putting finishing touches on the paid version. There is no denying there have been some issues with the free version, but slowly, we're getting these fixed.

There is a tutorial video, as diS said, in the "Play Movies" section. Yeah, I can see how it's not that intuitive where to go to see it, but currently we think that figuring out the controls in the game without the video isn't terribly difficult. There's nothing wrong with dying a couple times at first ;P

@wingnut: Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that at this time. That 9.3MB space is necessary right now. The rest, however, is being installed onto the SD card.

@Pushwall: There is no relation between the free version's version number and the paid version's version number. All it means is that the free version has needed some more updates to it than the paid version has. Generally, these mean some fixes in one version that aren't in another.

And oh, I just reread what you asked. Yeah, the sounds are being worked on. They should be finished soon.

Thank you all for your feedback! Keep it coming please :D

-Marc

24. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Hmm wanted to try this but then read that it's 10MB.. That's a bit to much, you really need to lower that :(

25. toomie05

toomie05 Member

love it! but now im battling the marecraft boss i think level 3? and it closes every time also it takes 10 secs to load cause of its amazingness which is okayish, but they can make a loading screen?

BattleBear likes this.