Battle.Net Authenticator available

Last Updated:

1. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

is that like the SecureID key you could get from Blizzard?
  3. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

It's the Authenticator. You can get a keychain as well. I actually have a keychain, but my Droid stays with me... my keys go in the bedroom. So I switched over.
  4. mikem

mikem Active Member

WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!! I have been waiting for this. i got hacked not to long ago and now my problems are solved. good looking out.
  5. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I really never saw the point of the authenticator.. just seemed like an added nuisance just to log into the game. People step up all the time talking about how they've been hacked and how this prevents that. I don't buy it. I had played the game since launch and not once has anyone but myself ever logged into the account.. and my password really isn't that complex.

I guess the authenticator would help in the case that you have ever given out your details.. or are dumb and go to sites that install keyloggers.
  6. mikem

mikem Active Member

Well I never gave out my info and got hacked. Its there for the taking and pretty soon will be manditory so you might as well grab the free one. Other wise post your login info so I can have your stuff.
  7. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

People are getting hacked that are not being "Dumb" these days, and the hackers are getting smarter by adding an authenticator to the account. Anyway, yes this is FINALLY here, after I already bought mine about 2 weeks ago. It does give an annoying message every time if you're rooted though.
  8. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

oh man +100 to this. i never understood how ppl got their accts hacked either. no one uses my computer but me and no one logs into my accts but me. and i only log on to games at home anyway.
  9. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Trust me, I've seen enough people in my guild, as well as others who get hacked, to say that having one of these is important. It's always the people who say "I don't need one" who get hacked. :D
  10. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was one of those guys! Never got hacked but found it pointless and tedious, until people I don't consider dumb started getting hacked randomly. Who knows, that could of been me a week ago and I'd of missed our Lich King kill tonight! (Yeah, I'm a wow nerd)
  11. ashb

ashb Member

Awesome. This is the only thing that has me still turning on my ipod touch. No more.