Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Last Updated:

1. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Bought it last night on my way home from work... I was bored, and the wife had to work late. So, I started playing it for about half an hour, untill she called, and said she was on her way home... X( F***me. I never get to have fun. lol.

It was pretty cool. I like the blowing up of the buildings, trees, etc. Very impressive.
    It's no COD, but it is still very entertaining.

3. ttaylor0024

Mine comes in the mail tomorrow. I am happy its not like COD. Yes its a FPS, and Yes its modern, but thats where the similarities end. Its more of a realistic FPS, like Operation Flashpoint 2 (amazing game btw). Gameplay is amazing, campaign is pretty long (assuming since BFBC was about an hour and a half per mission), and distruction 2.0 is amazing. You have no where to hide ;)

4. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

COD has become just another Halo where all the 12 year olds with short attention spans play all day long on their Xboxes since Infinityward abandoned PC gamers.

This, on the other hand, is a real game for real gamers. Finally something good for PC. I've been playing the beta since the day it came out, and I just ordered a copy from Newegg. I'm extremely excited about this one.

5. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

I picked this up yesterday for PS3. I haven't played it yet though, as I was finishing up The Saboteur.

I might start it tonight, but most likely I will check it out in the morning.

Yay free time from being laid off! :(

6. ttaylor0024

Ok guys, got the game today, its everything I expected and more! Here is a video I made, just some multiplayer action (me getting owned, i think it was my 2nd game, still was used to BFBC, but much better now :))

YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Gameplay (Official Game)

What do you guys want to see? I need some ideas. I plan on covering everything sooner or later though...

7. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

After playing the beta since the day it came out, I'm tired of the snow. Care to make a vid of some "green" levels?

I'm dying for my copy to show up. Being a cheap bastard and saving a few bucks and tax by buying it online is coming back to bite me!

8. MuerteMan

MuerteMan Well-Known Member

I got it a day or two back for my PC and i love it. So fun, glad I went for the PC though, as I did not really enjoy the original on the 360.

9. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

I loved the 360 version but the controls required in a Battlefield game simply don't translate well to a console. Consoles also attract players with short attention spans and 12 year olds that don't understand that there's more to a game than spawn raping people with knives and maintaining a kill to death ratio. I'll always have a PC to play these games. I haven't turned on my 360 in months after MW2 got full of morons.

10. ttaylor0024

Yeah! No problem! I played one last night that was practically pure jungle haha.

11. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

So... Who's beat it already...

I played through it on the Normal level... I just came from COD MW.
    I can't get over how much cooler this is. lol.

12. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i have played every battlefield game ever created with all expansions... i agree with your comment about it "it's no COD" and i love it that way, the spawning is COD sucks, BF series has always had some strategy to it, not run and gun. i absolutely love this game and had to OC my GPU to get to 40 fps on med lol but WELL worth it... for all you out there thinking about it, this game is very CPU demanding as well, there are alot of physics calculations going on since almost anything can be destroyed, so make sure you have a good CPU, the more cores the better, i have 2.5Ghz dual core intel 9300 OC'd to 2.9Ghz and thinks are finaly working right in this game... love it love it love it...

add me to your friends if anyone wants to get some games in... my clan and i have a server @ Casual Gamers, go check it out, it's on full rotation of everything

BC2 NAME: Covert_Death

13. ttaylor0024

Like covert said, its pretty much a "Must Buy" :)

I will be making a video tonight on the Jungle map (I have only had the game for a day, dont know the map names yet...). Anything specific anyone would like me to cover?

14. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

One issue that really bothered me in the beta was the yaw speed of the helicopters was ungodly slow. Have they updated the heli controls that you know of? Id fly past something I'm shooting at (a tank or mobile AA let's say), hit it a few times, then turn for another pass, and the damn helicopter would turn SO SLOW that I would be blown up before I could even get half way turned around. This wasn't an issue in BF2, you could circle strafe with the helis once you got the controls down. I used to be the guy that could evade jets in the Cobra by doing loops and rolls. I feel restrained with the new flight controls (real Apaches can do loops!).

I'm practically foaming at the mouth for my copy to get here. I'm not going to finish any of my engineering homework this weekend.

15. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

you can change the setting you know.... lol i got the pre-order for pc and its pretty awesome

16. ttaylor0024

yeah, this game is sweet!

My next video is almost done rendering in sony movie studio (huge urban desert map), jungle map coming next.

17. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

For the helicopters? I remember seeing a setting for "yaw speed" but it was under mouse settings so I wasn't sure what it was even controlling.

18. ttaylor0024

Well, youtube is taking for EVER to upload my video lol

Tomorrow I will upload one on the jungle map. My sniping is pretty good now, went 22-1 last game, and the 1 was suicide cause I was out of ammo lol

Update: Upload started at 10:30 last night, still not done at 12:15...

19. ttaylor0024

20. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

Join =KLRS= clan at killersclan.net!!! 32 slot new york conquest and soon west coast..

21. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

I have it for PS3, PSN is XtremeAaron. Send me an invite!

22. ttaylor0024

Has anyone played squad deathmatch? I love that playlist! Me and some friends won 7 strait by 10 or more :) M95 Sniper FTW!

23. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

I've been playing the single player and it looks like I'm hitting a bottleneck with my processor. My motherboard is three years old and my processor is a year and a half old. Everything else is up to date so I put in an order for a new motherboard and a slick quad core. Should be just fine on Thursday when it all shows up!

24. ttaylor0024

Ahhh, wellI thought I fixed one of my monitors, and its still screwed up. This monitor had S-Video input, so I would capture using a splitter. Turns out its not fixed, so I am going to be getting a VGA to S-Video converter because I play my xbox on a 22" VGA monitor. Till then, little to no videos :(

25. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

I'm so excited, my new hardware shows up tomorrow, and so far the game is AMAZING, I just can't play it all that effectively in multiplayer with my current processor.

I probably shouldn't have ordered this stuff this week, I still have a lab for my Calc 3 class, an exam, and a project to get done by Thursday.