BB 0.2 Froyo ... "Epic"? ... Really?

Last Updated:

1. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am I missing something?

I'm installing now, but I was expecting something "epic" in the changelog. Just my opinion of course. Or maybe my definition of "epic" is a little different. I ain't mad ... just sayin'. :)

What says you?

Advertisement
  2. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

maybe this has something to do with it:

-Added Google DNS for a faster and safer online experience

im not flashing cause i just got the other multi colored rom in cyan for me and pink for my fiance... i love the theming that went into the rom, i cant stand plain jane roms, and even nextheme isnt doin it for me anymore.

3. luthi3n

luthi3n Active Member

Same here. I'm using jrummy's new one in blue/cyan/whatever it is and love it. If there were a way to use that theme with BB, I'd probably switch over. Love the themes that rummy has.

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

maybe it is much faster? I am waiting for the next nexbeastfro or whatever :)

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I'd like to see a mashup with the darkglass and NexTheme - all the icons from Next plus all the black glass effects all rolled into one.

That'd be my theme made in heaven. I may try to make a mashup myself if I cannot find a good one....

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LOL My DROID won't even boot up with 0.2 installed. Restoring back to my own custom-themed Fabolous ROM. ;)

7. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I heard about all the troubles with 0.2 last night and decided to keep my custom themed 0.1. Pete did good with 0.1, not hearing good things about 0.2.

8. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

0.2 is working fine for me other than the fact that apps automatically go to the SD card when you install them. If you want to put them on the internal storage you have to move them manually with TiBu.

My Quadrant scores were slightly higher than 0.1 but probably within error tolerance. (1144 vs 1133)

9. Pfilly

Pfilly Well-Known Member

Some of my apps decided to show up today wwhole 1 or 2 are still lost in SD card or phone land. Weird

10. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I've had more reboots on .2 than I've had on any previous bugless beasts combined. Thinking about doing a nandroid if it happens again today.

11. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

If you press teh search button and type the app name you can still launch it.

12. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

zz don't knock it till uve tried it o_O

13. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

After reading some of the users thoughts, I may hold off on .2 for now.. But I'm loving v.1!

14. godfish

godfish Member

I did two things last night, I installed BB0.2 and installed Chevy01 1ghz and my phone is running much faster and cooler. I do seam to have found one bug, when I get the low power warning one time the phone rebooted and sometimes the charging light doesn't come on when plugged in.

15. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

I flashed this yesterday, had some reboot issues, wiped/reflashed and it hasn't had a problem since. With stock 800 kernal it runs smooth, cool, and its still kickin' the next morning after playing with it all evening off the charger.

IMO Petes ROMs are never about how blue or pink you can make the system icons, but about speed and functionality. And honestly if you are crying about a ROM not working 100% and being bug-free the same day it comes out you shouldn't be installing bleeding edge stuff on your phone...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

16. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

+1
    I too would like to try this mashup that you speak of.
    I'm getting random reboots with BB V0.2
    Restoring stable backup of BBV0.1

17. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

My phone rebooted constantly with 0.2 or it would freeze up out of nowhere requiring a battery pull (even those fancy new button combos for rebooting that Pete put into this ROM wouldn't work). And the auto apps2sd feature wasn't as great as advertised as it messed up all my apps with widgets (would have preferred the option of just running a script to enable this for those that want it). I love the work Pete has done (and have donated to his work many times). Since I rooted, BB ROMs (more specifically, Fab's versions of them) have been the only ones I've kept on my phone for more than a few hours (until today). But "epic" isn't the word I'd use to describe this ROM.

And, to be completely honest, on my phone, JRummy's Froyo ROMs are much faster, much less buggy and offer more options for customization. I didn't think anything would get me to switch from BB, but JRummy has done something amazing with his ROM.

18. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member

Since flashing. I have had major problems with all wiidgets not working after power cycle. Went back to 0.1.

19. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Pete is evidently aware of the reboot problems that some are having and is working on a fix...

My biggest issues are:

1. Auto-Apps2sd...I turned this off w/the terminal command that was provided
    2. By-passing Google setup when phone is wiped - I didn't experience this as I installed fine over v .1, but if this is messing w/auto restoring of apps, it needs to be fixed/undone
    3. Could not run Chevy 1.0GHz LV or jdflg's 900MHz LV kernels (ran fine on v .1) - endless M logo boot loops. Nandroided back to the stock 800MHz kernel and it's running great, but want other options to work.

Overall the update to .2 has been fine so far, it is an "experimental" ROM based on a leaked RC so I expect some twitchiness.

It is epic for me in that it has been much more reliable/stable than .1 on my 2.2 phobic phone. :)

20. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

I also uninstalled 0.2. My whole google setup was screwed. I had to setup manually, and didn't bring down any of my apps, and few of my settings were restored. Also I didn't see those new power button shutdown menus everyone was talking about. Maybe I needed to run scripts to get those though.

Anyway, Pete's stuff runs hotter than any other roms, which I'm not a fan of, for no good reason.

Joe

21. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I also restored back to simply stunning 4.0 after 10 minutes with BB 0.2. I got frustrated by the launcher losing my apps and didn't see any wholesale benefit over SS 4. Another time, another ROM. I'll revisit Pete again, I'm sure.

22. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

For those of you having troubles, try Pete's suggestion

via Twitter
    PeterAlfonso: #BuglessBeast #Droid users, raise your minimum clockspeed to 250 rather than 125 to fix shutdown/reboot issues. Fix coming tonight

23. ryanbump

ryanbump Member

I tried BB v0.2 yesterday, but it was too bland after using Kangerade. Hopefully we can get a themed version soon!

But other than the lack of "flashiness" on BB, it ran smooth as silk and was extremely responsive even without over clocking past 800Mhz.

24. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why I've been fine...raised mine to 250 very early on...

25. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Give the guy a break. This is probably his first ROM that actually had some problems but only a few users are experiencing this. I'm not running his ROM at this current moment, but I'm sure he worked really hard on it. Its the effort that counts, and Pete will bring us the real cake once he figures out whats wrong.

I mean, it's Pete. Hes been working for us ever since 2.0. And the best part? Hes doing it for free so we have NO right whatsoever to complain.