• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BB --> Android end app

On my BB when I hit the end key the app does not close, it just goes to the background. In order to close the program I have to hit my menu key and then go to close.

Is android similar in its functionality?

Yes and no.

Some apps have a dedicated exit option from the menu.

Some apps keep running in the background, or suspend themselves if you use the back button

Honestly, its not something that you need to concern yourself about because Android does an excellent job of memory management.

Android is keeping an eye on when the last time an app was in the foreground, if its getting notifications or not, how much memory is free. If apps "idle" for too long or memory needs to be freed up, it kills "old" apps automagically.

The only time you really need to manage memory manually is in the unlikely event that an app freezes.

You can snag something like advanced task killer from the market to do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones