BB Curve vs EVO

Last Updated:

1. Salisa826

Salisa826 Member This Topic's Starter

I switched from a Curve 8530 to the Evo 2 weeks ago. I'm not entirely sure I love the evo as much as I thought I would. I used my BB mostly for bbming, FB and the web. I could type pretty quickly on the BB. I am still getting use the touch qwerty. The FB on the evo sux. It barely works. Although the web is much faster and easier to navigate. A few times a day I do get an error message on the phone. Something about my phone id and password. I am not entirely sure what it means. I did activate it myself. I never did bring it into the sprint store. Somehow my phonebook from my BB found it's way onto the Evo. I don't know how that happened. It's not like I have it stored on google. Is it possible I don't have the phone set up correctly?

Thanks for letting me ramble,

Lisa

Advertisement
  2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Not sure what your complaint is here or what you need help with. The fact that your phonebook made it over to the Evo is a good thing, right? On the "Everything Plans" they have a service that backs up your contacts....I am willing to bet that is where that came from. From now on, your contacts will be backed up by gmail.

Anyway, there are numerous ways you can facebook on the Evo. There is the full site at Welcome to Facebook. There is the mobile site at m.facebook.com. There is facebook for Sense which comes on the phone which is likely what you are talking about. There is facebook for Android which can be downloaded from the market. And there is the touch site!!!!!! So there you have it. 5 different ways to facebook. I am thinking you can find one that suits your needs. I use the mobile site. It is a combination of the full site and the android site....just works best for me. Good luck and hope you find your groove on this thing. It is definitely more capable than the curve.

3. Cruecu

Cruecu Well-Known Member

this is like comparing a Camry to a Mercedes.... and you want the Camry. I had a Curve at one point too. You should now laugh at people with Curves, as you seductively swipe your finger on that huge EVO screen....in slow motion.

4. Salisa826

Salisa826 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! Does using the touch qwerty ever get easier? I find myself making tons of mistakes? It takes sending a text so much longer.

Yes the phonebook finding it's way over to the evo is a good thing. Although it left a few numbers out which I did add manually.

I need to find out why I keep getting that error message though. I will have to remember to write down what I was doing when it happened?

5. zion168

zion168 Active Member

I do miss the rugged feel of my Curve and the oh so satisfying keyboard. Put a nice screen and 1GHz CPU on it I'll be back in a heartbeat.

6. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Calibrate your keyboard on the Evo.

7. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Personally, I find the stock Evo keyboard stinks. I'm using the stock froyo keyboard, and it's the best keyboard I've ever used, and I came from the Touch Pro 2, which is generally regarded as the best slider keyboard ever made. You can find out how to get it from here:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/149296-froyos-keyboard-evo-4g-loving.html#post1372733

If you're unsure about sideloading apps, install Vlingo from the Marketplace and use the Vlingo keyboard, which appears to be the stock 2.1 keyboard with a voice button that uses Vlingo for voice to text.

zion168 likes this.
  8. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member

I am currently on a Tour and been getting ready to jump on the EVO train shortly. Just surfing the forums for more help to take the plunge!

9. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Try swype.
    Also, try voice input ;) bet your curve couldn't come close to that.

10. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member

Wow, tried swype today.....that was crazy. absolutely crazy, I couldn't believe that it worked!