BB memos imported into one large NOTESupport

Last Updated:

1. frostdee

frostdee Member This Topic's Starter

Help! I have 89 memos on my BB tour. After sync to outlook then to Droidx, every note app I try turns it into one very large NOTE. UUUUHHHHGGGGG, I need them separated, and able to edit. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I feel ya, did the same thing with my 9530 when I got my X. Ended up just deleting and taking it to a VW store near by. They can do it in about 5 min. I know its the easy way out, and you should learn to sync with different platforms but I noticed the X didn't sync very well with outlook, gmail works great but with my BB I used Outlook and Thunderbird and not Gmail. I remember it has to do with the way you export your contact file, comma separated if I remember correctly but again, I had the phone only 2 days, 2 days new to Moto, 2 days new to Android and I was honestly too lazy to find the PDF instructions ( honestly just looked, it used to be sticked in one of the DXs sub topics ). And since its done, well I never went back to Outlook again, just merged everything into Gmail + Thunderbird. I will look into it more in a sec, but if you are near a VW store they and have both phones charged up they will do np, you could even ask how they did it.

I know if you simply send your contact list via Bluetooth something in between gets messed up, or I just simply didn't apply the file correctly. Start using gmail, you can set up forwarding like I did - Android is apparently good friends with Google now :p

In the mean time, try exporting a comma separated file and importing into Gmail, THEN sync your phone with Gmail - I think its along those lines.

EDIT: I really need to read the entire post before attempting to help... I noticed NOTES, try exporting the file on the BB to a doc or dox file, I'm not sure if you can import notes in the standard "sticky" widget/app, you can't, just checked - you will need to either copy and paste, OR download one of the many apps that can read/edit doc files, or simplier txt files.

3. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Reading someones rant down a few I forgot about the app "touchdown", try that, apparently Outlook and Android will NOT sync notes, task - that should make things easier.

4. frostdee

frostdee Member This Topic's Starter

when u say copy paste, from where and to? on outlook?