bb toolkit

Last Updated:

1. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on .4 it said an update was available for the toolkit, i went to update and it said it would remove the older version then download the newer one, it removed the older one but never installed the updated one...any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

From MrBlippy, the BB Toolkit developer (copied from his thread at Alldroid):

What do I do if the Toolkit is missing?
    To fix this, you can open a terminal and execute the 'toolkit -up' command* which will pull down the most current version of the Toolkit. The script, when run from a terminal, is always there as a fail-safe if you should lose the app for any reason.

3. jxker

didnt work and thanks for reply on other site too!

4. GirLuvsDroid

Do you have Root Explorer? If so, go to /system/xbin and scroll down to toolkit. Check and see if the permissions are set to rwxr-xr-x. If they're not, tap Mount R/W and long-press on toolkit, select Permissions and check all the boxes under Read, the first box under Write, and all the boxes under Execute. Hit okay, tap Mount R/O and reboot, then type

su
    toolkit -up

If the permissions are already set correctly, then I'm out of ideas.

5. jxker

here is the output

wget: bad address "mrblippy.net"
    unable to chmod /system/app/BBToolkit.apk: no such file or directory
    BB Toolkit Updated
    Bugless Beast by Pete

this was after i checked the permissions

thanks for the help, gonna try one more thing then will wait for .5

6. GirLuvsDroid

I just asked MrBlippy if he had any ideas. He said to try it again, because "I broke something on my server tonight and had to reboot it twice. I guess he caught it just at the very moment I was rebooting."

7. jxker

ran "toolkit -cp" and it restored it, will forgo the update for now
    thanks for all the help

8. NiTRo.

NiTRo. New Member

Ran into he same issue - lost the "extra apps" in BB v.5 after having to clear cache to resolve an issue. Didn't want to go through the process of installing the rom again. Running "toolkit -up" in terminal as root didn't work - would come back saying mrblippy.net was a bad address. The -su switch didn't do anything for me. I did verify the toolkit script had the correct rights too.

Opened the toolkit script (in /system/xbin/) in vi and in the first few lines I found it was going to a URL of http://mrblippy.net/bbtoolkit/app/BBToolkit.apk (case sensitive). Was able to browse to that URL from my Droid and download the .apk file, then just had to open it & confirm install.

(depending on your application settings, you may be prompted to change your settings to allow an install from a "non market" source.)