bb v1.0 how is ur battery life????

Last Updated:

1. FUCCO

FUCCO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i havew bb v8 and was gonna upgrade to v1.0. Was wondering if there is any imoprovement in battery life? also on a side note is there any blue themes for the notifcation panel on the top of the screen? i hate the standard green battery. thanks

Advertisement
  2. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

to me it seems to be negatively affecting my battery life

3. FUCCO

FUCCO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thats not good, that is what i have heard so far. Big thing for me is battery life. If the phone is dead then it is usless. thanks for the info

4. iamloco724

i did some light browsing today had a few short voice calls not even a min long each time and lost 30 percent battery within 6 hours

5. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

compared with CM, this ROM is giving great battery life so far....

any browser use, twitter, facebook, etc. on CM would drop battery quick....over the last 2 days I've seen marked improvement while using either BB v1.0 or Nexbeast 1.0

6. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Without the new OTA update, the battery-life is the best by far out of any ROM I have ever tried. However, with the OTA downloading over and over again, my battery life is sucking. Just need to fix this quickly when I get the time and it will be back on track.

7. ryanboy

ryanboy Member

my battery life improved soooooo much its not even funny!!
    i had shitty battery life when i was using other roms with lite use (listen music for hour, browse for 10 to 15 min, and some news widget use), i unplug it around 7am and by the time it reaches 5 or 6pm my phone dies..
    but with the BB v1 under same use as above, my phone was on for almost 19 hours!!!
    o and i have it oc'd at 1gh.
    BB is awesome~:D

8. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Ironically, I had slightly better battery with the leak, but overall it's great. 11AM to 10PM with light to moderate usage went from full to 45% - even on the car dock with navi here and there without the charger.
    To be fair I have JuiceDefender and SetCPU and those help a bit too.

9. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

all good with battery life with me. I stream music via bluetooth on my way to work and back. I go on the internet, send email and text. On a full charge at the end of my day, I still have about 40% battery life. Not bad, I think.

10. amped328

amped328 New Member

absolutely no problem with battery life. I can get a full day with medium to heavy use (browsing,texting, music).

11. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

my theory about some users bad battery life is that you are so happy with the speed of this rom that you cant stop turning it on and playing with it. even if it is just to open the app tray and scroll through the apps. :)

12. Pfilly

Pfilly Well-Known Member

I've had great improvements and my theory is that this rom is so good people cant put their phones down resulting in poor battery usage. Awww yeah.

13. amped328

amped328 New Member

Makes perfect sense!

14. Pfilly

Pfilly Well-Known Member

Sorry tom! I posted the same theory right after you posted yours. Great minds...

15. jr313

jr313 Well-Known Member

my battery life is not so good i have to make sure i have a charger around i use my phone heavy txtn, talkn i had better battery life on cm...im goin back to cm i like the rom though but the battery life is killn me...

16. Pfilly

Pfilly Well-Known Member

Had my gfs phone on cm and she couldnt last one night at work (ER nurse) with it. We're both now running bb and she's happy.

17. GhostInTheDark

GhostInTheDark Well-Known Member

I've got bbv1.0 with the 1ghz 7xlv...took my phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and after using it moderately all day(facebook, txt, emails) by 7pm the battery had only dropped to 70%...but now so far today I'm down to 80%. Thinking maybe it has to do with that OTA they're sending out. I'm gonna flash back to SPR and see if that helps any. I'm loving this ROM though.

18. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed it. At about 7 last night, I took my Droid off the charger. There was moderate use last night and very lil so far today, and I'm at 50% at almost 1pm.

19. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

Don't really notice anything at the moment... seems to be normal battery drain.

20. Big T

Big T Active Member

I was running BB v0.8 for a month or so and my battery would only last 8 to 10 hours with light and moderate use. I tried several different kernels but they didn't help. There were times that it wouldn't make it through the night with no use and the phone would be dead in the morning and the alarm wouldn't go off.

I have had BB v1.0, Bekit 1Ghz kernel, and NexTheme on the phone since Sunday and the difference is awesome. The phone lasts about 16 hours with the same use as before. I'm really happy with this version and think it is the best one yet.

Thanks, Pete. :D

21. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I am pretty much in the same boat only with the 1.2
    I was dropping 10% an hour with light use previously.

22. Bigjohn49

Bigjohn49 New Member

Running 1.0 at 800 with great battery life, even better than the latest CM. Weird how everyone has a different experience!

23. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to tell if I am getting the recurring OTA update problem. Would it be asking me to install? I have never had it ask. Is there any way to make sure it stops downloading.

24. jerkules

jerkules Active Member

I certainly have noticed a dramatic change in battery life, for the worse. I could take it off the charger at 5 am and with moderate use all day still have 60% when i went to bed. Now, i take it off the charger at 5 am and I am already at 80% by 8 am.

25. iamloco724

thats pretty much like mine