• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BB V1 Boot Animation?

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
This one won the boot animation contest...
buglessbeastanim.gif

This also may mean that we are closer - and as I type this my phone randomly rebooted, so it's time...

Credit to cromag.rickman on alldroid for the design.
It's pretty sweet

It's alright, the text comes flying in way to fast though and the blood on the loading bar doesn't look right.

I'm gonna agree with the big robot on this one... The text could use a few more frames at the beginning, start out slower then speed up and slam into the screen... it looks a little too rushed right now... Other then that I like it (not too sold on the blood on the loading bar either)...

I'm hoping to get some animations and icons done up when I get some time (have to design a logo for my wedding comeing up in Oct. so haven't had a lot of time to work on anything else)... Gonna read up on how to mod some icons and hopefully will be able to share some stuff later on... :)

BTW, does anyone else read CRP's posts in their head using an Optimus Prime voice or is it just me?!? :p

Upvote 0
If it adds bloat, don't bother. WTF cares about the boot screen? Basically, I don't need to boot unless the ROM Fks up...and then I'm not in any mood to watch it advertise itself. But that's just me... Just give me a simple pinwheel so I know it's working and not locked up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones