BB0.4 with chevy no1 1.2GHz ULV: Only issue is Quadrant Benchmark sometimes force closes

Last Updated:

1. elucid

elucid Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running BB V0.4 with chevy's no1 ULV 1.2Ghz kernel (mostly as an experiment). All my normal applications run flawlessly and the battery life has been good. No issues streaming video, running Pandora, playing 3D games, running SetCPU stress test.

However, about every 4th time I run Quadrant, it force closes on the program startup. This looks like a warning sign that I'm running right on the edge and will eventually have trouble with my normal applications as well.

I haven't run Quadrant before using this new kernel. Is this a program that will sometimes force close even nothing is wrong?

Edit: Also it only force closes if I haven't run it in a while. Once it is in memory I can rerun it many times with no force closes.

Advertisement
  2. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member

I've ran into the same problem with two of Chevy's kernels. Lv. 1.1 and ULV 1.1

3. elucid

elucid Member This Topic's Starter

So what kernel did you settle on?

I noticed one other issue with 1.2: BB toolkit gave an error when loading, every time. I tried the 1.1Ghz ULV and then I could run the BB toolkit every time. Quadrant ran fine too. I guess I was too close the the edge with 1.2Ghz and ULV lol! Now I'm merely doubling the clockrate while lowering the voltage!

4. deronee

deronee Member

I tried BB0.4 with chevy no1 1.1 GHz ULV and my phone would keep rebooting itself or they screen would just stay on the DX icon. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

5. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member

I settled on using the chevy 1.1 ULV. I started with a P3 1.0 kernel but kept on running hot. And chevys seem cool right now. I just need cpu so my battery doesnt die out so quick. The first 20 percent goes away quick. I get to 90% within 30 minutes of use. But its usually with music and webbrowsing together or music with games.