BBC I-Player

1. BBZ968

BBZ968 New Member

In the News today.... BBC I-Player App available tomorrow for I-Pads and ANDROID mobile phones .

We shall see !!! ..... and it's FREE !!!

Hope you do not require Adobe Flashplayer for this as Flashplayer is not available for the Legend.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BBZ968

BBZ968 New Member

I am unable to find this App in the Android App Market.

Has anyone found this Free App ??

If so .... Where ??
  3. NX3

NX3 Well-Known Member

You can't see it because it won't work on your phone as it requires Flash 10.1 or higher. Adobe is lazy and decided to release flash for android only on the ARM7 or higher CPUs. The Legend has a ARM6 cpu so no Flash and no official BBC iPlayer app.

However the handset is capable of watching iplayer via apps myplayer v0.99 and Beebplayer. Neither are on market as the BBC got them shut down but you can find them online and they do work. All of which makes a shame of Adobe and mainly the BBC.
    BBZ968 likes this.
  4. Monkey9000

Monkey9000 New Member

Furious with BBC for no longer allowing Beebplayer to run on the Legend. I hope there will be an update of flash or BBC make i player work for the Legend.
  5. nalysale

nalysale Member

In built flashplayer for android available in market today.To download and use the app you'll need a device that uses Android version 2.2 and has Adobe Flash 10.1 Player installed.Flash streams need a powerful mobile phone processor and a Wi-Fi connection to ensure a smooth viewing experience.