BBC Iplayer Anyone have any news re downloads?Support

Last Updated: 2013-03-13 14:06:00
  1. greatsnoring

greatsnoring Well-Known Member

BBC Iplayer seems to work okish now on the Hox+, but still with no facility to download. Does anyone have any idea when we are going to get this on Android? I have had no joy myself with the BBC.

Does anyone have any simple methods for downloading BBC programmes to the phone to watch later? (I'm not rooted.)

Advertisement
  2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

It is doubtful you will see the ability to download to android as the beeb are worried about the ease of root access on the devices. But this really is down to their poor DRM protection, as they are finding their shows on newsgroups etc..
    greatsnoring likes this.
  3. greatsnoring

greatsnoring Well-Known Member

Hi Jay thanks for reply, in case you are interested got this back from the BBC:-

Dear Mr *****

Reference CAS-1913823-VHH92B
    Thanks for contacting the BBC iPlayer Support Team.
    I understand that you would like to know when it will be possible to download programmes using the BBC iPlayer app for Android.
    This feature is coming in the future, but we are still some months away from being able to provide it. Unfortunately we have no more information about the update at the moment.
    I hope this has been helpful, and once again thank you for contacting us.
    Kind Regards
    Jack Archer

Not much use!!!! if they don't know (or care) then I guess nobody does.

Going abroad for 2 weeks so in order to watch the 6 Nations rugby matches will be using daughter's Ipad where Iplayer works a treat!
    JAy3001 likes this.
  4. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

Great bit of information there greatsnoring. :)
  5. billbullock

billbullock Member

Can you tell me how to set up an iPad for watching BBC iPlayer from outside the UK?