• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BBM for android

Well here is the thing..me and my girlfriend both had blackberrys and we used BBM because it had all kinds of fun smiley faces..well now I have a evo and she has the blackberry and she misses the smiley faces..so to be honest with you if there was an app that we could both use that has smileys on it that would be great!

Upvote 0
Beluga is supposed to be quite similar to BBM and interestingly it has just been bought by Facebook.

Don't think there is one for BlackBerry though is there? I think that is the point for some of us, is an app must be available for all 3 platforms. I have a bunch of friends, including the wife, who are still using BB's. I want to be able to message easily with them.

I'm eagerly waiting for LiveProfile to be available for BB (it's available for Android and iPhone right now). That will do for us until BB is available for Android and iPhone I guess. Depends on what it costs and what features are disabled, if any, for the other platforms.

Upvote 0
Whatsapp is great, and has a mess of the smilys and icons you were asking about.
And is on all 3 platforms. BB, ios, and Android

Part of what I like about BBM and also what I like about LiveProfile is the fact that it tells me if my message has been read. That's important to me. I also like the fact that LP shows if the person you are talking with is typing a message currently as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones