4. Seraph08

Seraph08 Well-Known Member Developer

sudo apt-get install gimp
    sudo apt-get install p7zip

Just trying to extend SuperR's already open hand
    bcrichster likes this.
  5. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

I have Gimp... And it's kicking my @$$, lol. Just recently got the p7zip stuff too and I use Wine to run it.. Still learning to use Linux. It'll take me a while to get used to it but, Pretty awesome program! Thanx bro! :beer::D
  6. SuperR

SuperR Well-Known Member Developer

wine...BOOOOO lol

Try xarchiver if fileroller doesn't work for you. Always better to use native apps if possible and it certainly is in this case ;)

edit: fyi, p7zip is a command line tool
    bcrichster likes this.
  7. bcrichster

Thank you.
    sudo apt-get xarchiver ?
  8. Seraph08

Any questions just PM me.
  9. SuperR

you got it ;)

edit: actually no lol. it's
    Code (Text):
    1. sudo apt-get install xarchiver
  10. Seraph08

without Wine I wouldn't have Diablo III. Or Netflix.
  11. SuperR

Wine has its uses, but if you can do something with a native app you should. Better performance, less likely to get errors, etc.
    bcrichster likes this.
  12. Seraph08

Yeah the running 7zip through Wine didn't make sense to me either.

btw

Google's Chromecast is awesome
  13. StevenMcCoil92

StevenMcCoil92 Well-Known Member

The links broken
  14. SuperR

The link in the OP is working. If you are downloading from your phone you will need to use something other than Boat Browser. For some reason it has issues with downloads lately.
    bcrichster likes this.
  15. bcrichster

I use Chrome myself, cuz the stock browser also FC's when u try to download anything for some reason..
  16. StevenMcCoil92

StevenMcCoil92 Well-Known Member

Fortunately I'm not using boat browser thanks to SuperR. Got the link to download but after wiping cache and dalvik cache I tried installing and won't work. Says installation aborted can't open file (bad) what other browser should I use or is it the link
  17. bcrichster

OK, gonna check it out..
  18. SuperR

Sounds like another bad download. Did you use chrome to download it this time? bcrichster said stock browser causes problems with downloads too, which I did not know because I have never used stock browser lol.
    bcrichster likes this.
  19. bcrichster

OK... update link is posted. I've been tweaking more icons. Let me know if there's any problems, but there SHOULDN'T be. I used same zip and updater script that worked before.. I'll even post previous versions later today. :beer::cool:
  20. bcrichster

Thanks a bunch, just got the xarchiver and it rocks! One question tho... I have the ability to see the permissions for the APKs within the zip, but don't know how to change them in/out the zip file on my PC.. Any clues?
  21. SuperR

I don't know if you can change file perms inside the zip in xarchiver. You shouldn't really need to though. If files need specific perms in Android, then you can use the updater-script to set them during flash.
    bcrichster likes this.
  22. JohnOMcD

JohnOMcD Member

Great theme, nice and smooth!
    bcrichster likes this.
  23. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem to theme the playstore for me on the warped kitty rom? Just flashed my own to see if it would work and it doesn't theme the paystore either lol. My superuser crashes with this also ;\

WOW! it actually messed up my root o_O
  24. bcrichster

It has an inverted playstore made especially for the jb 4.1.2. Flashed perfectly on mine and several other's.. Which Kobalt did u use? If anyone else has a problem w/superuser after flashing this, let me know & I'll pull it from the zip.. But there SHOULDN'T BE.. I only changed icons/pngs.
  25. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Well-Known Member

Great job on this btw lol. OK so I had warped kitty in stalled and So I made a backup and and then installed my port I am making. when i did the inverted playstore was gone but other things went fine. So I figure the hell with it why not. I restored my back up and installed your theme. When I did I installed the newest one you posted. It completely removed my root and messed up my superuser. It would just fc. Even after i Updated it it was the same so I dunno. I just installed the warped kitty rom twice with fresh install. Once to test out my port and once to install your theme. Worked flawlessly on a fresh install.
    bcrichster likes this.