1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Be an HTC Beta Tester! Their accepting 500 ppl today!

1. techman01

techman01 Well-Known Member

HTC posted on their twitter alittle while ago:

Love your HTC? We launched a special VIP community for people just like you! We're accepting 500 members via Twitter

Link Here:

http://access.htcelevate.com

Fill out the survey and they will let you know if you are accepted. Only 500ppl, good luck! I'm in : )

NOTE: You cannot fill out the survey on a mobile device. must be a desktop.

Advertisement
    :
  2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Worked on dolphin with desktop user client. Accepted n registered...
  3. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

4. jbird720

jbird720 Well-Known Member

Signed up etc... This better not be a scam! lol
  5. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

I'm in, figured "why not?". Though since I'm unlocked, rooted, and already running ICS, not sure how much I'll be able to help :)
  6. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

I tried it early this morning and again a few minutes ago. Hmm... they sure asked different questions then and now.

Then the server said, "We will be in touch if we're able to extend an invitation to you." I still haven't figured out is this a maybe, a yes or a no. :D
  7. JoeCoolinATL

JoeCoolinATL Member

awesome. i'm in.
  8. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

Is this a soak test for ICS?
  9. techman01

It is to help them with future updates and products. They don't specify what people who are accepted will be testing.

From the looks of it, they have accepted about 400 of the 500 total people they are looking for.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

how you figure that?
  11. techman01

Once you are accepted, you can converse with the other members and there are just under 400 of them now. Earlier today there was around 200.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I just got accepted. Hopefully it leads to testing hardware too.
  13. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

i just signed up and was accepted
  14. Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe Well-Known Member

Took the quiz and was accepted... however, apperantly, I took too long filling out the info after the choosing of a screen name page and it said I timed out. Then sent me back to the screen name page... but when I try to redo that page it tells me there is an account with this info already. So, my question is, where do I go to log in?:confused: I have not received any emails from them...
  15. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

woo hoo! im in too :)

my rezound recieved some sort of OTA while i was in the middle of it. :eek: coincidence?! :D
  16. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

i'm in :)
  17. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

I'm in!!
  18. rustyhokie

rustyhokie Active Member

I'm in dolphin browser in desktop mode.
    secretLOVER likes this.
  19. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

I'm in too:D but I didn't get an OTA.:(
  20. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

you prolly got it a day or 2 ago,its the one theyre talkin about in the other thread. or your recovery is blocking it. its changed my hboot to 2.11.0000 :eek: i kind of wish id been able to stop it... not that it matters a whole lot. if youre on 2.01.605.11 then you got it at some point :)
  21. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

I didn't get in :(

maybe i shouldn't of checked 'member of a pro tech blog' :( Blast!
  22. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

Right now I'm wondering what they have in mind with this 'elevate' thing. You can't post threads and it's just been kind of an aimless meet and greet and how great HTC is.
  23. jbg25

jbg25 Well-Known Member

I got in too...

My guess is their first goal is to get "real users" not press/blog/competition/etc. Hence the limited space as well as the quiz (by the time people figure out which questions include/exclude you...it will be full.

as for why the site looks like a pro HTC site...well it is....and here is what they say about why they built it and what they expect

24. techman01

They also asked if you would be willing to beta test for them.
  25. jbg25

jbg25 Well-Known Member

Right...but they did not say what...they were very vague in what that meant. Which is why I said they would "share stuff" with us. And since it seems to me they are accepting people from all over the world with all types of phones. I assume, whatever we are Beta testing will likely be compatible with most or all. Hence my guess at widtets, plugins, apps etc.

But my response was mostly directed at schimm...since he wondered just a post or two above mine...what they have in mind with this site.

Edit: They are up to 551 members...so maybe they have extended the invite limit.