• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be aware of this developer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I recently purchased an app on the market called "Soccer Score Centre" the developer is "Pants Software" and his website is "www.pantssoftwaree.com" So I purchased this app and it didn't quite work as it said it would. I wasn't getting goal notifications or any alerts on my nexus one. I checked other peoples comments on the market and some had the same issue. I sent developer an email letting him know it want working and he replied within a few hours about looking into the issue for me. well a week later I hadnt receive any response or fix to the issue and thats okay I understand that devs are busy but I already paid for this app and honestly i didn't feel I have gotten what I paid for.

So since this was international I couldn't refund the app and I wasn't even asking for a refund so I decided to post on the market my issue with the app so others can see, I mean I have every right to post my issue with an app and rate it how ever the hell I want on the comment are for any app so others can be aware that this is a common issue. I always respect the hard work and dedication of a dev so I never post something untrue or harshly negative. I posted this: "App since to have issues with goal alerts and notification, and its still doesn't have MLS"
thats it! nothing wrong with that....well here is the email I receive from the developer this morning:

Hi XXXX,

I see you must have gotten bored putting poor comments on other score score apps so decided to return to ours and give out your low ratings - so are you really that disappointed with EVERY football score app, if so I'd suggest that you get an iPhone or perhaps just not download any apps.

Or are you from a competitor like Bernd from Livescore said.

I've already given you a refund previously and yet you repurchased, rest assured you won't be getting another.

Regards.

First of all I don't know what hell he is talking about "competitor" or who the hell is "Bernd" but I am just a regular android user with a nexus one who downloaded this app, paid for it, didn't get his moneys worth and posted my comments on the market like everyone else does and now I get this harassing email and on top of that a few minutes after I receive this email I received about 12 spam emails from unknown sources and sites I have never heard of or signed up with and some were located in the UK, where this developer is from. So is it a coincidence I receive this angry email from him, and then I get spam emails a few minutes after all from the same location (UK)? I think not. Well I think this is BS that a developer has the right to take your email and use it for fraudulent purposes, only because he didnt like a comment about his app. I am still getting spam in my inbox and who know what else he is using my email for. Anyone know how I can report this to Google or the android team?

this is plan B, I emailed him originally about the issue, very polite, and respectfully:

"Hello,

Just wanted to share this bug with you. The auto update frequency resets every time I exit the app. I set it to 10mins And it resets to 30mins when I exit. Thanks"

thats all I sent him. After a week of no response, nor an update I decided to post my comments on the market which was also fair and respectful. I feel that if you purchase an app and it doesn't performed as it states on the app description, then I have every right to post a POLITE, and RESPECTFUL comment and rating. I wasnt expecting such a condescending email response from the dev and the coincidental spam that followed it...

Upvote 0
To the OP, hey man, if the DEV aint doing his programming correctly. Then you have every right to rate and comment! I would have just laughed at him and told him he got what he deserved. So what if he is crying because he does not know how to fix his program to please the public. I have seen alot of DEVS on the market who are TOP NOTCH and makes sure they always fix whatever the may be wrong with there apps or how they can improve! I say learn from this and never buy from this DEV ever again. Plus I want to say thank you for the ADVICE, I will let everyone else know on my end about this DEV. Who cares dude, forget about him. If he wants a better rating, then he should do what he needs to do and stop trying to make up excuses for his short coming. Hey I'm just stating the obvious

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones