• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be careful if activating your phone away from Wi-fi!

raheenb

May 31, 2010
Unless you're going to be using the phone in a wi-fi area, make sure you stop the Google Play Store from downloading all your old apps automatically! After I got it from the AT&T store, (while in my pocket at work) it downloaded 1GB+ of my purchased apps from the Google Play Store over LTE in less than an hour.

SO, I just got off the phone with AT&T customer service...they credited me $30 to account for the overage which was AWESOME on their part.

Aw man, haha. Yeah, that's one of the many reasons I'd rather just buy online. I know it's not always possible. But then you don't have to deal with the upsells, either.

Rep: Ok, and I've got you a screen protector here, too. (Actually, I don't even think he told me, I had to see it and say something)

Me: Oh, I don't need a screen protector.

Rep: Are you suuure?? You know, you should really take care of something this expensive so that it doesn't get all scratched up.

Me: (stares at him like-- do I look like an idiot) Um, yeah, I'm good.

I hate upsells. lol.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones