Be careful under the hood...

Last Updated:

1. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Member This Topic's Starter

After only having taken off the cover to replace the SD card a few times , I already have a broken part.

The hinged plastic part that clips down and holds the battery in place.

Mines is snapped at one of the hinges. I've had my Legend for about 6 weeks now so I'm guessing this is going to be a common fault. I've always thought it felt pretty fidgety and weak. Bit of a poor design if you ask me.

Anyway I've e-mailed HTC about this. Hopefully they can point me in the direction of spares . I intend to buy a few as I can't imagine it will cost much.

I am very careful with my phone. It's never been dropped and is alway kept in the padded HTC leather case.

Advertisement
  2. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!

Good luck with your response from HTC - please keep us posted :).

3. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Member This Topic's Starter

HTC emailed me back telling me to check their accessory store and expansys. Both showed spare battery covers for

4. lcgreen

lcgreen Well-Known Member

I've had this for several months- I haven't encountered this problem, well, I didn't think the plastic thing was fragile either IMO

Since everything should be "perfect fit" if you have everything inserted correctly. If you ever find the need to give it extra power to make it go in, check that everything else is inserted properly?

5. kennyk11

kennyk11 Member