Be careful when applying Phantomskinz!! - water damage sticker on the bottom

Last Updated:

1. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So after a long while of having no screen protector I decided to put one on since it came with the purchase of my phantomskinz body armor. If you guys didn't know, you need to soak the protector in warm soapy water and then put the protector on the phone and use the included plastic card to squeeze out excess bubble and water. So after several attempts of squeezing the water out using the included card in the kit, I did not realize that that small amount of water had managed to sip inside the bottom of the phone and wet the water damage sticker inside. I just remembered that the water damage sticker on the EVO is at the bottom but after I had applied the protector. So it was too late to do anything about it.

The best way to probably squeeze out the water is side ways. If you do it downwards water will get into the bottom of the phone. If you do it upwards, water will get into the speaker grill. So just a heads up. Now I'm SOL if I need any type of warranty on my phone. I've emailed Phantomskinz about this already. But they probably aren't gonna do anything about it and deem it user error. So be careful when applying screen protectors that require use of water.

Advertisement
    damewolf13 likes this.
  2. slschmidt76

slschmidt76 Well-Known Member

Good heads up. Thanks.

3. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

Wrapsol Ultra gets applied dry, and is alot nice than Phantomskinz..just an FYI for anyone reading this thread..

4. pinoyxpryde

pinoyxpryde Member

I didn't use any soap for my phantom skinz install (2 installs actually)

Also I held a papertowel on the bottom of the screen to catch water as I slid the water out

Came out perfect.

5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

There are a few water sensors throughout the phone so just because the bottom one changes color does'nt mean you will have an issue regarding warranty repair.

6. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Same here when I applied PS. Works well.

7. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

how much water are you guys using!!!!!!

8. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I let it drip a little and run my finger on the bottom so I don't havetoo much water but enough so I can still moce the protector around with ease.

9. aimzmarie

aimzmarie Active Member

this also happened to me. i was extremely careful but obviously the edges of the screen aren't well sealed. i had a water damaged phone once (dropped in the ocean LONG story) and so i am very paranoid about any water on my phone. i was beyond extremely careful so don't ask how much water i was using, i followed the directions and removed excess water from the bottom with my finger. after placing the screen, and drying the surface and all edges with a towel, i held the phone above me and used a blow dryer. the phone then sat battery-less for 24 hours.

to the OP please let me know what their response is, i am very curious.