Be careful when switching "scenes".General

Last Updated:

1. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just erased all my icon and widget arrangements accidentally by switching "scenes". I was on the messaging screen and hit menu and saw the "scenes" button. I thought by switching scenes I would merely switch the appearance of the message widget. I was wrong. Two days of getting my icons and widgets just how I wanted them down the drain. Sigh. :(

But at least all the apps I dl'd are still on the phone.

(In case people are wondering what the scenes are, they're basically different configurations of wallpapers/widgets/programs. So for instance each scene uses a different clock on the home screen, and different widgets on other screens etc.)

Advertisement
  2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yeah I did that the first time also....We live and learn.

3. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Make sure you save 'em. ;-)

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

I've done that too ... once. :D

5. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we did that too sadly, after about 20 minutes getting it all set up perfectly.

6. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

Ditto, did the same thing. Switched without saving.

Only had to do that once though!

7. zenman

Thanks for your responses, glad to know I'm not alone.

I never read the manual. An explanation of "scenes" is probably in there. Oh well, live and learn. Hopefully this thread will help a few other new Eris owners.

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

It's threads like this that are the life-blood of these forums; personal experiences (good and not-so-good ;)) posted in here can lead to solutions.. maybe some of those will end up in the sticky "tips and tricks" thread.

9. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

What doesn't make sense with "Scenes" is it sticks day after day w/o us saving the setup, even rebooting. But if you switch, it doesn't have it already stored.

10. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

i didn't know anyone used scenes :)

11. zenman

Good point Hallstevenson, it's strange. In case people are wondering what the scenes are, they're basically different configurations of wallpapers/widgets/programs. So for instance each scene uses a different clock on the home screen, and different widgets on other screens etc. IMO, it's far too easy to lose your own configuration, as evidenced by all the posts on this thread. A little warning message would be helpful. But then again they give the option of saving the setting so I can't totally blame htc's program. :(

12. n2imagination

n2imagination Well-Known Member

yep me too. spent a day off and on finally uninstalling the test stuff i didnt want and placing my setup just right, went to save the scene, thought of something i wanted to adjust last second so i hit the cancel key to go back to my setup scene to make the adjustment. That doesnt work!!! Cancel button loads the last saved scene, wiping out all my adjustments and bringing back inop widgets because i had uninstalled them. Major pain. Lesson is make sure you are ready to save when you go to backup your scene, or at least save it at that state vs cancel then make adjustment and go save over it.