be careful with what you download!!

1. Ruizpect

Ruizpect Member

long story short: my password pin to unlock my galaxy s 4 is "41875". yesterday i decided to change it to "418775". as of all day today i used and unlocked my phone maybe 50+ times! and as soon as i decided to download 3 new apps on the play store (all games). I turn off my phone as they download. when i try waking it up and entering my pin..it says incorrect pin!! after trying my old pin and new pin more then 150 times and still incorrect!. i decided to just backup&restore and wipe data. just be careful with what you download because my pin worked fine just until i downloaded those apps and sadly the "forgot password' option never came up for me. i tried every pin possible, my only option now is to wipe data.:mad:

apps downloaded:
    1st - Redline Rush (racing game)
    2nd - Aequalis: Zen Maths
    3rd - Plague Inc.

after downloading the 3rd app "plague Inc. apk". that's when my pin wouldn't work! has this happened to any one? please post your opinions

Advertisement
    :
    mike28 likes this.
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That games been downloaded more than 5,000,000 times and is nearly all 4 or 5 star ratings.

I dont think it was that app that caused it
    Ruizpect and NYCHitman1 like this.
  3. twistedriku

twistedriku Well-Known Member

I had the same issue, but it wasnt because I downloaded a game. Hell I didnt even set up a pin, yet my whole phone was locked down (sdcard included) and I ended up having to flash back to stock via odin with stock recocery and wipe the whole device to get it working...
    Ruizpect likes this.
  4. Ruizpect

Ruizpect Member

Yeah I did the same. I backed up everything before wiping it. So once I wiped it I was able to extract apps + data. I then realized it wasn't the apps fault it just happen at random. Just hope it doesn't happen again