Be glad you picked up your Optimus V before this week.Tips

Last Updated:

1. michealbond

michealbond Member

Best Buy has the Optimus V shooting up to $199. I think Virgin Mobile saw how many new activations they were getting/3g issues and upped the price to slow sales?

Not sure if anyone has seen any other stores with the price change, but I bought my optimus from best buy 2 weeks ago, and i'm glad i did. $70 increase is a huge jump!

Advertisement
    teknolux likes this.
  2. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

Or maybe it is just a supply/demand issue?

Other thoughts are the latest Best Buy trouble the reason, they are loosing out big time to online sales.
  3. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

Holly cow, check out the prices on Amazon, what is going on with this phone?

Did Sprint panic and climbed on the brakes?
  4. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

It's possible the Best Buy price is a typo online...I was in a store a couple of days ago and they still had the phone on sale for $129.99 on the shelf.
  5. bswann

bswann Active Member

6. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

7. bswann

bswann Active Member

I got mine from Target for $109.00 if you take in account the $20 gift card I got with it.
  8. bswann

bswann Active Member

9. KentInPhilly

KentInPhilly Well-Known Member

I was at Best Buy on Monday night (for unrelated purposes) and noticed they had the price listed for the Optimus as $199 and none on the rack.
  10. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

Looks like it's game over for getting this one for cheap or maybe at all.
    Glad I picked up a couple, feel stupid for not hoarding them for resale.
    Should have know the deal was just too good to be continued.

All the data problems had to be from the increased subscribers load, they were totally unprepared.
  11. YankeeBelle

YankeeBelle Member

I got mine at RadioShack last night for $149.99.

Oh by the way HI everyone :)
  12. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member

RadioShack still has them fro $149.99 for the time being.

Picked up my replacement last night, as well.
  13. coffeegod

coffeegod New Member

Two weeks ago, I tracked down the last one in my state after looking for one for three days. $149.00 and I was glad to pay it.

I was looking for accessories at BB and almost screamed when I saw how much they jacked up the price. VM's site still shows the phone as out of stock.

I LOVE my LG Optimus V. Can't beat the cost or the plan!
  14. Zipster90

Zipster90 Member

Wow. I just bought mine at RadioShack for $149. Now I don't feel so bad for missing out on the $129 sale at Best Buy.
  15. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

Virgin/Sprint would be insane to raise the price since Cricket is getting ready to release the Optimus on their network for $130. I can't believe this is a long term problem, probably just a little corporate greed, or should I say a little more corporate greed from best buy and amazon.
  16. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

Yep, but the plan don't sound so hot

"Of course, as with all Cricket devices, you won't need to sign any kind of contract with the Optimus C, though you will need to sign up for a $55 unlimited everything plan to use it"
  17. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Not that it matters to me but cricket is not available in my area,i live 32 miles west of New York City,everything is available to me,that tell me their not very good.
  18. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Well-Known Member

Just got mine last night at Walmart. Still $149, but you have to ask for it. They do't keep them on the shelf.
    HTML:
  19. AQAA

AQAA Well-Known Member

Must admit I never even heard of them, they are part or owned by Leap Communication, they have about 5 million subscribers and were looking to sell to AT&T or Verizon last year.
  20. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

Cricket isn't in all markets and I am not sure many folks would consider them a top company, just another option for prepaid. However, they price the optimus at $130, Tmobile has the Comet Android at $99. If Virgin were to price the Optimus at $200+ it would be pretty crappy of them. I don't think this is the case though, as other report being able to buy it for $150 still at Radio Shack and Walmart. I think this is just another example of corporate greed.
  21. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

It not so much the price of the phone,it's the plan pricing and right now no one has Virgin beat,if i was assure that the data would stay working and it seems it has at least on my end,the last 3 days,i would spend the 200 dollars.
  22. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Well-Known Member

Out of stock at Virgin mobile, price listed as $149.99
  23. dbajohn

dbajohn New Member

I stopped by target yesterday, 3/24/11 and they had 2 for 149.99. I asked about the 129.99 plus $20 gift card and they said that was last week. I will wait for another sale, by someone.:mad:
  24. greg4android

greg4android Well-Known Member

There is no modular for them---no place on the planogram. they're usually behind the counter in a case.

And They're $149.