• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be glad you picked up your Optimus V before this week.

They are $199 everywhere now (even in stores).

walmart, bestBuy, target, and radioshack ALL TODAY AT $199.99.

And the peg hooks were FULL OF PHONES!

BestBuy has four rows of 4 (16).

Target had 2 rows of 3 (6)

Radio Shack had 2 display boxes (not sure how many backstocked).

Wal-Mart had 7 in a locked up case.

Looks like due to the price hike, these aren't in demand anymore.

Upvote 0
With a month to month provision and NO CONTRACT, they can pretty well change rates at anytime........

They did it with the Broadband2go device...

I would pay up to 50.00 for what i have now,i wish there was a voice plan between the 300 to 1200 minutes,300 is not enough and 1200 is to much for my needs.but for 42.50 a month i am more then satisfied wasting talk minutes.

Upvote 0
It is unfortunate that the price has gone up, but it's clearly due to such high demand for the phone. Some areas where VM isn't as popular or has multiple resellers might have more stock, but in many places it doesn't seem to be the case.

Living on the north side of Chicago, only a RadioShack close by that sells it. Went in two weeks ago on a Wednesday, online site said the store had stock. Turns out they just sold out. Contract for VZW was running out Thursday, had to buy the Intercept to port my number to VM. RS said they might get some in on Friday. Check the site, says they have them again, but call in to the store before going in. Only one unit in stock. They said they only get 2-3 units every few days and they tend to sell out the day they receive them. Run over there and snatch it up. Returned my Intercept the next day.

At VZW with 350 minutes (non-listed, grandfathered plan), unlimited text and data with a HTC Droid Eris, total: $95.65/month with tax.

At VM, $199.99+tax (214ish) phone, $25/month plan. 3 months of VZW = Phone + 3 months VM. After that, pure $70/month profit.

It sucks to bite the bullet and drop $200+ on a phone, but that's life on a non-major provider. Service and data speeds have been excellent, looking like I'm sticking with VM

Upvote 0
With a month to month provision and NO CONTRACT, they can pretty well change rates at anytime........

They did it with the Broadband2go device...

And that is exactly the way I want it. NO CONTRACT.

If they raise the rate to a point I don't like, the phone will be switched to the $20 every 3 months cell service.

In addition I have a GPS for the car and hiking plus the full use when wifi is available.

Not a bad deal in my book.

Upvote 0
They are $199 everywhere now (even in stores).

walmart, bestBuy, target, and radioshack ALL TODAY AT $199.99.

And the peg hooks were FULL OF PHONES!

BestBuy has four rows of 4 (16).

Target had 2 rows of 3 (6)

Radio Shack had 2 display boxes (not sure how many backstocked).

Wal-Mart had 7 in a locked up case.

Looks like due to the price hike, these aren't in demand anymore.

I was in RS and Sprint store today and the price was still $149.00. I still want to see the Boost Prevail before buying optimus.

Upvote 0
I was determined to bail on Verizon (and my Droid) and switch to Virgin, but had just about given up on finding an Optimus V and was bummed about the price hike. I went to a local Radio Shack ready to pick up a Blackberry for $149 but sure enough, they were just putting a couple Optimus V's on the display rack and were marked at $149.

Only catch was they insisted on activating it which was fine by me as I wanted to use it, not resell it for profit. Got my number ported from Verizon even though I owed an early termination fee they will bill me for (the check is in the mail ;)), plus I got $63 for my Droid (kept my 16gb SD card with photos, apps, etc... and popped it into the Optimus) and $17 for an old GzOne with Radio Shack's trade in program. Worked out pretty well. Phone and texting have been fine... data, well, I'll put up with those bugs to save close to $100 a month.

Upvote 0
I just called AND purchased the Optimus V from NFM....less than 10 min ago. The phone isn't listed on their site. You have call them and the phones are on their floor. The phone + shipping via UPS came to $134. YAAAYYYY!

It Is listed on their site for 189.87. search cell phone to see it. Anyone else have any luck getting it shipped for $134.

Upvote 0
As of April 22, Nebraska Furniture Mart has the Virgin Optimus V for $119.00. With the $15 S & H fee it came to $134.99 - far better than the currently priced $200 at Radio Shack and Virgin Mobile.

BTW, I could not find the phone on their website but if you call them they have it in stock 800 336 9136

I just called AND purchased the Optimus V from NFM....less than 10 min ago. The phone isn't listed on their site. You have call them and the phones are on their floor. The phone + shipping via UPS came to $134. YAAAYYYY!

Thank you, Hells. I was almost set to pay $200 to Radio Shack for the V. You other guys looking for this phone better hurry and call. Once they sell out available stock in 3 stores, the price will go up!

It Is listed on their site for 189.87. search cell phone to see it. Anyone else have any luck getting it shipped for $134.

Is this offer still up?

Upvote 0
I am looking at the STORE ad, which ends tomorrow.

the Optimus V is there. What is the ITEM # of the phone?

Its very small print, and I can't read it. Do any of you that ordered it have the item # on your order or email confirmation? If so, please post the item # (nebraska furniture mart).

The phone was listed in their sales flyer for $119. I called the store and had one shipped. Maybe the price was a store mistake. The store number to call was posted. Did you call it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones