beast v1.0 battery issues

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

out of people using this version of beast is anyone else noticing more drain on your batter then normal?

Advertisement
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Did you check in About Phone in settings to see if an update is waiting? There are some reported huge battery drains related to that, See the bottom of this FAQ: [FAQ] Bugless Beast 2.0.1 & 2.1.

3. iamloco724

i did check and nothing there

4. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

are people only experiencing this battery drain because they actually applied the update.zip OTA?

5. iamloco724

i didnt apply anything nor did i see an update im going based off my last rom vs this my last rom was fabs r3 and then wiped and did this one and battery life went downhill

6. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I'm getting close to 24 hours batterylife now.

7. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

on light to almost no usage?

8. yournamepenor

yournamepenor Well-Known Member

i notice this too. are you overclocked? and if so what to

9. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

default clock of 600 and good medium use. 15-30 minutes web and some navigation

10. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

BB v1.0
    NexTheme from ROM Manager
    7lv 1ghz

Medium to heavy use. Battery lasts from 8am - 12am (midnight)

Performed 2 tests, the second test was today. I have never had better battery life, ever.

I dont have any battery extending apps, but I do use Advanced Task Manager, and kill everytime I look at my phone.

11. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

Terrible battery life - terrible. I was getting 24-27 hours stock, 18-20 hours using UD 9.8 and I'm down to 14:30 approx on BB. Using Bekit 1 GHZ kernel

I can still use the ROM, but I am not experiencing what everyone else says they are experiencing with regards to BETTER battery life. Pretty disappointing.

12. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I too have noticed decreased battery life with BB 1.0. I have dropped down to 1GHz (from 1.3) to see if this helps. I don't notice that much performance loss at 1G, so if I see an increase battery life I'll be happy.

13. darrin2520

darrin2520 Well-Known Member

I can confirm less than great battery life. When I click on phone updates it does say that the phone is up to date. I am using SPRecovery and the firmware version is listed as 2.1.

With previous versions of BB, I was able to go from about 6:30 AM to 11:00 PM with moderate usage and be down to about 50% battery. Now, with identical usage my battery is dropping down to below 20% by about 6:00 PM. If I hadn't been getting such great battery life before, I wouldn't have thought that this was too bad.

There has got to be something that is happening to some of our phones that is not happening to others.

If anybody has any ideas to try I would love to hear them.

14. the cdogg

the cdogg Active Member

I have been off charge for 10 hours now with medium use and still have 70% remaining. My battery life has never been this good.

15. j4claerr

j4claerr Well-Known Member

I must be one of the unlucky ones. My phone has been off the charger for 4 hours now and I'm already down to 60%

I also installed Fab's otafix and havent gotten a notification for an update. Im still on clockwork.

BB 1.0
    LV 1ghz kernel
    Overclocked to 750

16. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

I'm getting fanstatic battery life. I actually think I could through 2 days if I stayed on light usage. I certainly had some bad days before BB where I was at 50% by lunch time. Now I couldn't be happier. Off the charger for 6 hours, 25 emails, 4 text messages, 2 short phone calls and battery still full.

For those with bad battery life, did you update the baseband? I have no clue if that has anything to do with it, but there is some speculation in another thread that it might be the baseband file downloading and trying to install.

BB 1.0 with 800 kernel and updated baseband.

17. j4claerr

j4claerr Well-Known Member

I am soooooooooo jelous of the batter life you have lol.

I rooted starting with 2.1 and used RSD with the sbf file. So I had the updated baseband before I rooted.

18. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

whats the purpose for updating baseband? i thought that was for people getting 3G connectivity issues after flashing 1.0.

19. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

The speculation is that Verizon might be querying your phone to see if it has the baseband update from the 2.1 OTA and if not, trying to send a full 2.1 image to your phone.