Beats Audio Removal ZIP [beta] (works only to remove kidallstars beats zip)

1. Spz0

Spz0 Well-Known Member Developer

Just finished up the Beats Audio Removal zip
    Although this "should" also work for all baseband users, but has not been tested (just tested out on my phone, which is EH29).

Note: This removal zip is meant specifically to remove kidallstars beats zip. So whatever roms have beats included in them, please note that it may or may not work depending on said roms beats lib files.

Thanks.

Disclaimer: CM7 removal has not been tested yet. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!! I am in NO WAY responsible for bricked devices!!

*Edit: Pulled files from CM7 tar

EH29 Zip
    http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/openvitality/Beats-Removal-EH29-Spz0.zip

CM7 Zip
    http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/openvitality/Beats-Removal-CM7-Spz0.zip

Advertisement
    :
    JED2910, aaronmy and ShinySide like this.
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I could of used this on my Esteem. Nice work ;) I like others flashed "Beats Audio" and then did the research which Beats audio has to be built into the kernel and depends on some HTC system apps.
  3. Diego1593

Diego1593 Well-Known Member

How can I help you?? I got eh 09
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

And even then still isnt any better than anything else out lol
  5. Spz0

Thats what Im talking about. ;)
  6. Spz0

7. Diego1593

How do I pm you and the beats removal didn't work on my phone ? I was hearinv music and boom it froze
  8. Spz0

Click my name there to the left, and choose "Send Private Message"
  9. Diego1593

Ok it works now I forgot what I did but I hit advance mount system and flash the zip and hit advance reboot recovery and I install it twice just like that and work like a charm! :) thank you!
  10. Spz0

No problem. Fingers are sore from the plethora of script I had to type to fully remove that bloaty shyte.
    Need to rest em. ;)

nn
  11. kurrent

kurrent Member

Does this work for monster 5.3?

and if so, which one do i flash?
  12. Diego1593

Flash the first one :)
  13. Diego1593

Hey why does my music breaks? It like freezes? What are you running?
  14. aboatright

aboatright Well-Known Member

I added your thread to the mods section of the Samsung admire all in one stop shop Rom gathering thread with full credits to you .....let me know if you want me to add a mirror download link or if you want them to come here first.
  15. Spz0

Thanks!
    Better they come here first so they can read about potential issues.
  16. Diego1593

Sorry turns out that wad fuking up my music and youtube was my charger /: so I reistall monster 5.3 and everything is aok
  17. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

Would this work for an EH02 baseband?
  18. Spz0

Each baseband revision is built slightly different, but I wouldnt see why it shouldnt work, in theory. There are a few files that have varying sized from EH09 to EH29, so dont hold me to my previous statement. Make a backup first before trying. ;)
  19. Works fine Eh09, but notifications sounds are sadly lowered.
  20. Spz0

Im going to be messing around with the eq files soon to see if I can import some of the sound boosts, without causing issues. Look for that thread in the coming weeks.
  21. KageBeast

Sadly this doesnt work for the eh02 baseband. I wanna flash monster 5.3 but i don't like the loudness much

Edit: I found out you can use winrar to manually take the files in lib and bin in the eh29 zip and just use them to replace the files in lib and bin in the monster 5.3 zip respectively. I didn't think it would work since it didn't work when i actually flashed the zip but it did.
  22. Spz0

Baseband has nothing to do with it m8. Its the version of beats thats installed.
    This removal zip removes the beats audio flash zip that kidallstar kanged. Will update OP.
  23. KageBeast

Ah I just thought the same version of beats was installed for all 5.3 roms??