• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beats warranty nightmare

gloriousnumber1

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I sent in my defective Beats earbuds on May 27th, and they were shipped the day after Memorial day. After calling them, they wanted me to send mine in first, and so I spent $10.10 including envelope to do that and this way they didn't have my credit card on file.

I went through HTC (because of a suggestion I read here) and called twice a couple weeks apart within the first month and was told each time they are on back order and they had no idea when they would come in. Finally on July 30th I got an email saying they were shipped!

Last Friday the 4th by "end of day" according to UPS tracking they were due for delivery.

That day I received 3 calls from a 1-866 number but they didn't leave a voicemail. I Googled it and found it was HTC. I thought it was an address confirmation call, or even an apology for the wait, so I called them that night.

I waited on hold 20 minutes just to find out they have no idea why they called me except maybe a customer satisfaction survey! The lady even told me she's never seen an accessory order take that long.

They asked my permission to call again for a customer service survey, I said yes but I won't answer if I'm at work when they call again. They did call one more time, probably for that but I was unable to answer.

Finally, yesterday the 6th of August I got my package from UPS. I am still very unhappy that it didn't make it Friday because Saturday morning the date pushed back to Monday! Those lazy people at the UPS location in my city let it sit there all weekend even though it was their fault it didn't make it on time. They should have apologized and delivered Saturday!

Anyhow , my ordeal is finally over. A guy at a gadget store said to go directly through beats not HTC. I suggest you do the same or expect a long wait.

I sent in my defective Beats earbuds on May 27th, and they were shipped the day after Memorial day. After calling them, they wanted me to send mine in first, and so I spent $10.10 including envelope to do that and this way they didn't have my credit card on file.

I went through HTC (because of a suggestion I read here) and called twice a couple weeks apart within the first month and was told each time they are on back order and they had no idea when they would come in. Finally on July 30th I got an email saying they were shipped!

Last Friday the 4th by "end of day" according to UPS tracking they were due for delivery.

That day I received 3 calls from a 1-866 number but they didn't leave a voicemail. I Googled it and found it was HTC. I thought it was an address confirmation call, or even an apology for the wait, so I called them that night.

I waited on hold 20 minutes just to find out they have no idea why they called me except maybe a customer satisfaction survey! The lady even told me she's never seen an accessory order take that long.

They asked my permission to call again for a customer service survey, I said yes but I won't answer if I'm at work when they call again. They did call one more time, probably for that but I was unable to answer.

Finally, yesterday the 6th of August I got my package from UPS. I am still very unhappy that it didn't make it Friday because Saturday morning the date pushed back to Monday! Those lazy people at the UPS location in my city let it sit there all weekend even though it was their fault it didn't make it on time. They should have apologized and delivered Saturday!

Anyhow , my ordeal is finally over. A guy at a gadget store said to go directly through beats not HTC. I suggest you do the same or expect a long wait.

Thanks for the info, because one side of mine actually isn't working right. Do you know how long the warranty is?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones