Beautiful clock/weather widgets shows a constant 103 degrees - anyway to fix it?

Last Updated:

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason it shows 103 degrees no matter the time or location. The city changes and the low/high temps change but not the current temperature. Any else ran into this?

Advertisement
  2. tman42

tman42 Member

I've been stuck on 102 for the past two days. That was our high temp but it hasn't moved from there.

3. jgcalderonperez

jgcalderonperez Active Member

I've been stuck at 88 for the whole day...

4. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

I'm using Weather Forecast & Clock Widget and it has been stuck on 71

5. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

There is a problem with google and that is where they are updating from. I got a email from them tonight and a fix is on the way and they hope to have it in place in the next few days.

6. jonE5

jonE5 Well-Known Member

I think there is a setting in the beautiful home that says how often to refresh. I set mine to like every 8-12 hours to save battery, but you could do it more often like every 2 or somehting.

7. KMA

KMA Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with Fancy widgets. I think it is related to these posts in another thread:

8. dantheman2

dantheman2 Well-Known Member

Move out of Arizona?

9. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

10. JDM9499

JDM9499 Well-Known Member

8-12 hrs? That's a bit extreme wouldn't you say? What's the point of having a weather widget? I can understand if you live in Cali, Arizona, or Hawaii where the temperature basically stays the same...

Just curious.

11. jonE5

jonE5 Well-Known Member

well im in houston, where it mostly stays hot. I just need an approximation, i mean you dont exactly need to know to the dot how hot it is outside, if its during the summer months you already know its hot, lol.

12. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Yea, this is a problem they have had for the last few days. I emailed the developer about it and this is what they said :

Hello,

Actually I am using Google as a weather provider which is not reliable recently. But I have a good news, I have now an agreement with a professional weather feed and will use it. I am working very hard on coding the new feed right now and hope to release as soon as possible! Hopefully that should be within 2 days.

So it looks like they are on it. If only Samsung where this quick.

tman42 likes this.
  13. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Might it get info from gps? Everytime I hit refresh the sattelite icon flashes and it says searching for location.

14. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

If you have it set to get your location from GPS to give you the weather in your current location, then yes, it will try to use your GPS. In my case, i put in the name of my home city, and it did fine. Just like I said above, they are having trouble with the weather service provider they where using it. They are switching providers and updating the code.

15. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

Pretty sure its a server thing. Went to reinstall Beautiful Widgets, and right there on the main screen before you set anything up, it says "If there is a problem with the weather updating, it is a server issue - not Beautiful Widgets". But mine is doing it too. Seems to be stuck on the weather from 2 days ago

Must be a google thing I guess

16. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with Fancy Widget. The current temp is stuck at 94deg, everything else seems to update. I have it set to update every 2 hours. Even when I do a manual refresh it never changes.