Beautiful Home running by itself with Sweeter Home active?

Last Updated:

1. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One thing that's bothering me about SH... I don't use Beautiful Home anymore. In fact, I've removed all beautiful widgets from all my home screens and home screen replacement apps. Yet for some reason I get the weather thing in my status bar as if I had Beautiful Home running.

Which means it's somehow being run without being told to. And it only does this with Sweeter Home.

Anyone else getting this?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I have to believe that you have a hidden widget somewhere on a low level layer and you're just not seeing it.

Is Beautiful Home Widgets uninstalled?

3. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

If you have truly uninstalled it, first I would open the notification's alert and see where it takes you, because if it is in the Notifications you should be able to open the program. And than I would check and see if there are any other APP that provide Weather Notifications, like "Where"...

4. El Blacksheep

It's not uninstalled, I'm just not using it. And it's not on some "hidden layer" - I built the theme from scratch. Plus there's nowhere for it to hide.

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Did you remove all of the widgets from your default home screen? It could be running there even if it's not part of your SweeterHome setup.

6. El Blacksheep

mhm. everything other than my sweeter home theme is completely blank.

7. jlatour88

jlatour88 Active Member

in the widgets settings uncheck temperature notification. that will fix ur issue. (where u set weather location)

8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Either that or just remove it from the phone. No sense in having it take up resources if you not even using it anymore.

9. El Blacksheep

Not really. The problem isn't the weather notification being there, its the fact that Beautiful Widgets is running in the first place.

I'd do this, but since I paid for it I'd rather keep it >> in case I decide to use it again later.

What I've done is I installed Startup Auditor and had it block BW from loading at startup. That seems to have done the trick so far...

10. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Anything you ever purchase from the market will always be tied to your Google account in the market. Just go to the market and hit menu then downloads and it will always have a list of your purchased apps rather you currently have them installed or not. You can always redownload your paid apps for free through that menu in the market. Its also a good idea to use the app backup feature in astro to backup your apps to your card periodically in case the app ever gets pulled from the market like Beautiful Widgets did not to long ago.

11. El Blacksheep

looks like im gonna have to uninstall it then, cause it came back :(

i really dont mind the weather being in the notification bar (i like it actually), its just i dont want the widget being loaded in the background somewhere sipping away at my system resources :/

pure grid calendar seems to be doing the same thing.

12. Sentath

Sentath New Member

I liked Beautiful home, but I made the mistake of putting the Widget on my center workspace. Now I have no icon, and no process that I can kill, just weather updates killing my battery.

13. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

This thread was about how the Beautiful Home widget was not working when installed in the home-replacement app called "Sweeter Home Preview 2". The issue has been fixed since the origin of this thread. You might want to consider starting your own thread.

14. Sentath

Sentath New Member

I'll be more careful with your thread topics in the future. As for my Beautiful Home, it got uninstalled.