1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Smaller Home: can't change clock text color?

Last Updated:

1. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I set a custom color for my Beautiful Widget (smaller home), and the date, temperature, etc., all appear as the custom color, but the clock numbers remain white.

Any way to also make the clock numbers the same custom color as the rest of the text in the widget? Or is it stuck at white?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. the337

the337 Active Member

I'm pretty sure the clock numbers are part of the skin and cannot be changed unless you change the skin.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yep, the clock digit colors are part of the applied skin. That's why I pull the PNG files out of each skin and customize them in Photoshop. The skins reside on your sdcard, in the data/beautifulwidgets/skins/[skin name] folder. Just copy that skin's folder to your PC/Mac, then edit the numbers to any color or texture or effect that you want to. Doesn't have to be Photoshop, obviously. Any s/w that will edit PNG files will do. (Like "Gimp")

Hope this helps...

Ovreagr likes this.
  4. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. I actually do not use a skin. I use a weather icons skin, which I see is stored in data/beautifulwidgets/wskins, but I just use the default "skin" of the Smaller Home Widget, so I don't even have a "skins" folder on my sdcard.

Any idea where I might be able to modify the pngs for the stock "skin"?

Edit: I actually clicked "apply" on the standard skin, and now I have a "skins" folder in my data/beautifulwidgets folder, but it is empty. So I guess what I'm looking for is the storage location of the beautiful widgets standard skin png files.

5. Ovreagr

Ovreagr Well-Known Member

How exactly are you editing them once you open them in Photoshop? They seem to be a PITA to change the colors on!